SIAP - Season Ticket Pricing Changes.. | Syracusefan.com

SIAP - Season Ticket Pricing Changes..

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
So I'm finally getting caught up on my email due to extensive travel for my wedding (11/19), honeymoon, holidays, etc. The annual season ticket renewals began much earlier this season that in prior years, so it wasn't even really on my radar as of yet. I'm a Preferred B, Football Only, Season Ticket holder. Summary of changes applicable to me:
  • Seating Pricing - Remained the same as last year.
  • Preferred B Donation - Decreased by $100/ticket.
Further, they have also changed the seating zones relative to Preferred donations. Two seasons ago I had seats in Section 320 and they were Preferred C donation level, but now no longer carry a donation requirement.

The Preferred A Donation has also decreased significantly. Actually the Preferred A Donation is equal to what I paid for Preferred B level last season. If there are seats open which fit my appetite, I'll definitely upgrade to Preferred A this coming season.

These are dramatic and significant changes to the pricing structure for football. They made season tickets much more affordable for not only current season ticket holders, but also much more affordable and attractive to prospective season ticket buyers. If this does not lead to better attendance/season ticket sales, I will not only be shocked, but also very disappointed that the fanbase may truly have depleted.

The pricing structure going forward for basketball appears to have changed as well. I live in DC Metro area, so I don't hold season tickets, so I'm commenting mostly from my memory from having explored potentially purchasing these last season. It appears the Preferred Donation pricing has increased for basketball season ticket holders. I don't think a Preferred Donation zoning has been released for basketball yet. Considering the availability of tickets when I explored this past year, I don't think the increase will really have a significant impact on basketball, at least from a gameday attendance point of view.

A+ to Wildhack and his crew for focusing on a VERY relevant issue. Considering he had no prior experience and had been at the helm for only 4 months prior to effecting these changes, we SU fans need to realize that we are extremely lucky to have him. Having an AD which can execute a significant change like this expeditiously is extremely rare. This guy is going to do great things for the University.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom