SID | Syracusefan.com

SID

kcsu

Living Legend
I thought that he looked healthy yesterday. He ran the court well, made some very quick fluid moves and didnt seem to have any mobility issues.
If he can remain healthy he has a chance to make a huge leap next year. It was great to see him back and contributing.

I thought that he looked healthy yesterday. He ran the court well, made some very quick fluid moves and didnt seem to have any mobility issues.
If he can remain healthy he has a chance to make a huge leap next year. It was great to see him back and contributing.

he also went up weak and got his crap swatted multiple times and lucked into getting the ball back for point blank lay ups. that did happen.

he also went up weak and got his crap swatted multiple times and lucked into getting the ball back for point blank lay ups. that did happen.
Totally agree with this. He missed an uncontested layup. He played better- no doubt- by getting himself in good positions while nobody on defense was paying attention to him.But for god sakes...DUNK THE BALL!

Is it possible to give any complement to any of our players? The guy looked like a player yesterday.

Nope .. not when the team gets whooped by a crap team.. victors and spoils and what not

What’s next ? Giving OB credit for not falling down ?

Nope .. not when the team gets whooped by a crap team.. victors and spoils and what not

What’s next ? Giving OB credit for not falling down ?
In a larger point of view, there is the question of the center position next year. So if the coaches are seeing Sidibe play great in practice and starting to look healthy, then you can see why they would have trouble offering a high recruit when that PT is already spent. OB is a different story.

In a larger point of view, there is the question of the center position next year. So if the coaches are seeing Sidibe play great in practice and starting to look healthy, then you can see why they would have trouble offering a high recruit when that PT is already spent. OB is a different story.
Coaches recruiter over kids all the time .. if they can nab someone better than el cid , they should .. I wish we had taco

He is another guy that desperately needs 20lbs of muscle. You just gotta pray last offseason was recovery spent and this one will be bulk focused on skill focused.

Coaches recruiter over kids all the time .. if they can nab someone better than el cid , they should .. I wish we had taco
Sure you can try that, but those guys aren't stupid and unless your a 5 star recruit, you might not like your chances of getting much PT when Sidibe is looking like a man and has been in the system for 2 years.

It is? Chukwu has been here for 4 years and Brissett two and both have flaws that would seem easy to fix that they can’t fix
Sid is a strong finisher, I think yesterday he was a little over jacked up because he hasn't got much PT lately.

Sure you can try that, but those guys aren't stupid and unless your a 5 star recruit, you might not like your chances of getting much PT when Sidibe is looking like a man and has been in the system for 2 years.
Yes, Sidibe playing good for 1 game has scared off all centers. If the reverse of this is true we should have a list of PGs a mile long to choose from

Yes, Sidibe playing good for 1 game has scared off all centers. If the reverse of this is true we should have a list of PGs a mile long to choose from
So your in the group of people who think our coaches can't get a decent center prospect? Do you think a lot of high school centers think they would be able to take Sidibe? I don't, he looks pretty brawny right now and most big men take time to get to ACC level of physicality and play.

Last edited:
So your in the group of people who think our coaches can't get a decent center prospect? Do you think a lot of high school centers think they would be able to take Sidibe? I don't, he looks pretty brawny right now and most big men take time to get to ACC level of physicality and play.
I'm of the opinion that Sidibe certainly hasn't scared off anyone. I mean, I'm dying laughing thinking anyone actually believes this

He had that one spin move that left me confused - it was the same kind of awe I feel when OB finishes inside. It's encouraging to see you're capable of such things, but can you repeat it?

Anyway, I think Sid missed, but he got the board and converted.

No top 200 recruit is being scared away by Sidibe and if they are we certainly don’t want them.

I'm of the opinion that Sidibe certainly hasn't scared off anyone. I mean, I'm dying laughing thinking anyone actually believes this

Yeah, the coaching staff has gone after so many of these highly regarded center prospects the last 2 recruiting cycles only to come up goose eggs because those said prospects were scared alright. However, it had nothing to do with Sidibe's play, or lack thereof.

It is? Chukwu has been here for 4 years and Brissett two and both have flaws that would seem easy to fix that they can’t fix
I think it's more about focus and effort. I've said all along that if PC developed a sky hook, he'd be a difficult player to defend.
Sid needs to work on attacking the rim. It's not rocket science, it's drilling him. OB needs to drill his ball handling. He doesn't have the handle to make the basic moves this offense requires (i.e. between the legs, skin move, jab step crossover).
All of these things can be fixed in a summer, if that's the main focus. I don't think it's any secret that the zone defense gets the lions share of the focus and I don't know how much the NCAA allows coaches to work with the players in the offseason. You're not going to fix these issues in pickup games.

Every time Sid and OB go up for an easy two I expect them to either get the ball knocked out if their hands orcto yet blocked. It’s so frustrating.

If they're scared off by Sid, they're not worth recruiting.
Most centers coming out of high school are not ready to play at the ACC level, unless your talking about Zion. Look what happened to Carey, great talent, highly rated, just not ready for the ACC. I don't think JB lies to these recruits either about there possible PT and how they will work into the system.

He played well and the energy was obvious. But he has no elevation which is problem. Footwork has always been there, that’s why I had high hopes. At times he would move a bit too fast the last couple of years but when he can take his time he has low post capabilities. The problem is he’s still very clumsy on defense. You cannot just run directly into players with two arms up. That’s terrible. He has a knack for grabbing some boards because I think he has good timing with whatever leap he has and he has long arms. Seems even more lost on the high ball screen than PC. At times yesterday he was walking around with his arms down (like prepping a screen) on the perimeter, back and forth waiting to set at screen that sometimes never happened. That’s more a function of the systematic ineptitude though.

In terms of the post in general- It should not be this hard to throw a damn post pass for a guy to turn 180 degrees and shoot a baby hook. That’s all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom