Sidibe Pronunciation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe Pronunciation

I used "city bay" just to simplify it. Also it makes it clear how to emphasize things. When I met Bourama, the second syllable sounded more like an "ih" as in "mitt" but he's also said it like "ee." As you said, the key is to let it flow and not put emphasis on the middle syllable.

Regardless of all the announcers are not close. How could Matt Roe not get it right by his third game on the mic? I wonder if Matt Park has it by now. And Dolezaj is getting done wrong too. It's bad.
Agree. No excuses for these guys. It's bad enough to not do your homework on the opponent. But the team you're covering all year!

SIDIBE - Isn't that the acronym that the annoying guy in glasses uses on the CarMax ad? :cool:

4 games in and I still haven't heard anyone calling our games pronounce Bourama's last name correctly. No one at SU athletic department feels the need to correct these guys? It's really odd.

4 games in and I still haven't heard anyone calling our games pronounce Bourama's last name correctly. No one at SU athletic department feels the need to correct these guys? It's really odd.

They probably don't know themselves. In Donna's video that Frozen posted, she asks Oshae if he knows how to pronounce Marek's name. I assume thinking he would give it a try. He instead admits he doesn't know how to pronounce his last name. Too funny.

I thought it was SID-ee-bay until I read that his teammates call him Dib for short, which made me think it was si-DIB-ay

Is the first name boo-RAM-ah?
Think it is BAH RAM EWE.

Shut It Down = SID.

Sidibe = SID-D-Bae.

You heard it here first. :cool:

I like it. Bet YOU pronounce his name right.;)

How does Mr. Excitement say it? Does Matt Park still butcher it?

So he were are. It's almost December and we haven't had one commentator get his last name right. It's been 6 games! I went to the Cuse.com game notes and I can't see a pronunciation guide provided. That's what SU provides to the media. If someone sees the guide, guide me to it. It bothers me obviously or I wouldn't bump this.

If you can say Silly-bay, you can can say Sidibe. Just change these L's to a D sound. Unless Bourama himself and his high school coach are mistaken, that's how it is pronounced. It's the kid's name. Get it right.

The end of Dolezaj's name is supposed to have a soft J but that's another battle for another day.