Sidibe Update | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe Update

Are we seriously just now finding out that that Ajak is not "strong enough", or that we maybe, pretty please with a cherry on top, oughta "try to work in Jesse Edwards at Center"? Ya' think??

The Center position has reached a level of frustration and ineptness that makes me yearn for the Billy Celuck days. Amazing how each year since Rak its seems to somehow get worse.

I mean... did this thing plaguing him now come on while trying to rehab the meniscus?

Cause Jim thinks Buddy and Joe are superstar status with the spacing they create on the court

I dont know how some see these things and Jim doesnt

Honestly, Jim is starting to lose his ability to evaluate things in proper context and how to get out of this rut

I know hes a HOFer, forgotten more than I know, but look at the roster and the results the last 5 years, its not pretty. It happens to alot of great ones, Crum, Knight at IU. Bowden at FSU in football etc.
simple answer is that hes doing this (coaching) bc he can do it with his son. thats his priority... and why not? im not attachin value to that either way.

sure he wants to win...but hes boxed himself and the team into a corner by the roster decisions and who is on the team.(in his mind)

Logical that keeping it in the family might create a blind spot or 2...I think he just cant be objective about this group bc of who is on the roster. Hes made some commitments and assumptions based on his priorites and they are what they are and cannot be changed o the fly...

His press conferences are pretty on point for the most part in terms of seeing what is happening in a sense...(although not perfect)...strategy and in game adjustments...thats a different story.

I think he sees what is happening perfectly well but isnt in problem solver mode about them...more of a passnger...which frustrates fans who want to see the approach be mor reflexive and outside the box (the box isnt working)

He has chronic arthritis and likely at this point early osteoarthritis in his knees, this injury absolutely flared up his chronic problems.
Well.
He just needs to hang ‘em up then.

He has chronic arthritis and likely at this point early osteoarthritis in his knees, this injury absolutely flared up his chronic problems.
Yet we recruit projects as the backups.
Sure makes sense.

Projects if they don’t develop by year 2 why would you keep them?
These guys need “the talk” if they can’t contirbute by the end of this year.

I seriously think they should consider at times for the back line of the 2-3 a combination of QG in the middle, Braswell and Woody on the wings

Just essentially play 3 forwards

Edwards had 0 rebs in 7 mins, Marek had 1 in 35, got to get creative

I'm convinced JB doesn't put much thought into roster construction anymore. The assistants recommend guys, he signs off and that's that. This roster, especially at guard and center, is just atrocious.

I keep wondering how our offense would look if Sid was healthy. He’s not a big contributor on that end, so that mea someone who does contribute big points would sit. That would be a tough balancing act for JB.
Sidibe has good footwork and is actually decent on the low block. He just doesn’t get the ball often down there. But offense and scoring isn’t our problem. At all. We need Sidibe to boost our defense and rebounding. I’d rather rotate Marek, Quincy and Griff at forward and improve our defense.

Just awful. Had such high hopes for his career from the first time I saw him play in Orange.

We really really CAN NOT catch a break!

Sid was a huge key to a successful season.
This is exactly right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom