sidibe | Syracusefan.com

sidibe

His development has been a mess from the knee issues. He is a junior with freshman minutes due to the injury. He has some skill but agree he isn't what we need.

Well, he is our starting center. Not saying he’s great but he made some really nice defensive plays tonight. A couple of blocks, several deflection. He actually started out in the press pretty well but he’s just not quick enough covering guys with a full head of steam. I really wish he could do more but at this point he is what he is.

His development has been a mess from the knee issues. He is a junior with freshman minutes due to the injury. He has some skill but agree he isn't what we need.
He is what we have so we need to build from there. He did not foul out and he was playing against a person with at least 50 more pounds. I did not like the outcome but we are getting better

He is what we have so we need to build from there. He did not foul out and he was playing against a person with at least 50 more pounds. I did not like the outcome but we are getting better
He did foul out...later then usual. The only major issue I have with him is that he fouls the same way every time. Never learns.

Overall...I personally am not down on him. I think he hasnt been able to develop. If he was a freshman or soph...he wouldnt get half the crap. His knee issues have stopped his growth.

He did foul out...later then usual. The only major issue I have with him is that he fouls the same way every time. Never learns.

Overall...I personally am not down on him. I think he hasnt been able to develop. If he was a freshman or soph...he wouldnt get half the crap. His knee issues have stopped his growth.
My error. Missed his 5th. At least he got close to the end. QG played a gutsy game against the 2020 Duke goon.

should not be a starting center on a syracuse team. yet he is. we gotta do better. it was embarassing watching him on D tonite. and some no name on clemson destroyed us inside.
I actually thought this was one of the best games of his career yet I can’t disagree with anything you said. He earned us 4-5 extra possessions on the offensive glass & even sprinted out to block a 3 in the corner.

I was getting McNeil flashbacks when we initially started pressing & he erased back-to-back Duke possessions with a block & then a drawn charge sandwiched around putting back a Hughes miss but then it all fell apart for him down the stretch. I’d love a platoon of Tapé & him next year.

Sidibe has the ability to play for us, but until recently, he’d be the rotational big.. 10-15 minutes per game.

It’s just emblematic of where we are at every level of recruiting.

Girard is going to be good... in a year or two, but he’s starting now.

Buddy is a borderline starter, ideally 6th man - sniper off the bench at this stage in his career. He’s starting and playing 40 mins per.

Hughes is a starter

Dolezaj is a starter.

Sidibe - See Above

Guerrier is actually playing as he should be. Off the bench energy guy.

Then we literally have nobody...

SU banged inside with Duke about as well as could hope for most of 1st half.
After that, seemed to wear down a bit -understandable.
Regarding bench = QG then nobody: having a deadly 3 point shooter on bench to come in and hit some 3's when our marksmen were tossing bricks would have been great tonight.

Well, the ivy kid was there tonight.
He only averaged like 10 and 8 in the Ivy League but at least he's got bulk. That will help defensively. I hope we can land him.

He has no killer instinct. At least not consistently. Just has a few moments here or there.

Duke's play inside was just the opposite. Consistently intense. Mixed with more talent. A nice combination to have.

He has no killer instinct. At least not consistently. Just has a few moments here or there.

Duke's play inside was just the opposite. Consistently intense. Mixed with more talent. A nice combination to have.

That’s what happens when you make bigs a priority we just need one

And often chippy. Especially DeLaurier.

Last edited:
im not really criticizing him, its more about the recruiting. he plays hard, but hes not a starting calibre player on a program like syracuse. hes a backup center.

Sid is who he is and it's the staffs fault for not improving the situation and not Sids. He plays hard and is too skinny for a 5 and the knee injury set him back in his development and I agree he should play smarter at times but again, to often improve a position you have to recruit better players to play it.

part of the issue is both Sidibe and Marek, are finesse players. Its really hard to compete when both are finesse style. And then Edwards and Ajak are finesse style too and it compounds the issue. They have needed a hatchet man for years. I guy built like Jeremy McNeil who when he fouls you, will put you right on your arse and doesn't allow teams to go through the paint like its swiss cheese. This has been masked by Chuckwu's 7 ft 2 height the last 2 years. Anybody think Pascal should have been brought back for his 5th or 6th year or whatever? Jim mentions the fact that Marek and BS weigh whatever they weigh, but he didn't correct this flaw by recruiting JBA and Edwards and hasn't corrected it yet, unless they sign Tape from Columbia.

Original post sucks we aren’t Duke and don’t get 5 new 5 stars annually. Go root for them if you want perfect lottery pick center play. Sid plays hard and we are screwed if his injury issues resurface this year or next. Edwards already lost us a game we had virtually wrapped up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom