Orangeyes Daily Articles for Sunday - Siena Postgame Articles | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Sunday Siena Postgame Articles

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse lacrosse defeats Siena in season opener behind strong play at X (PS: Bailey)

Syracuse lacrosse midfielder Jordan Evans misses opener with lower-body injury, week to week moving forward (PS: Bailey)

Syracuse lacrosse has found its answer at faceoff X in Ben Williams (PS: Bailey)

16963162-mmmain.jpg

WAER Sports @WAERSports ·
Desko: We went against a pretty good Siena team. They haven't played on a full field as much as us though.

Desko: Defensively we had a good night, couple tough ones but overall great win.

Desko: We had a lot of respect for Siena's FOGO. It was great to see Ben play well.

Desko: I'd like to say I felt sorry for the other FOGO but not really.

Desko: It's an entirely different game when you're winning face offs consistently.

Williams: We were exploding through the ball after the whistle and we've adjusted to the new rules well.

Williams: My wings did a great job communicating with me all game. It was a fun game.

Williams: Didn't score in the scrimmages so it felt good to put one in.

Williams: I wasn't trying to get too uptight about anything. One possession at a time.

Rice: It doesn't get much better than the face offs we saw today. Good job Ben.

Rice: Siena was hesitant to slide from down low and that left Hakeem open to score and dish.

Lecky: Our mentality is dodge and move and find the open spot. Nicky and I did a good job together.

Desko: We expect Evans back soon. It's week by week now.

They win 50% of face offs this team is winning it all.

Lecky feeding? What a dimension. Galasso healthy. The first team midfield with the attack, there isn't a team in the country that can match up on defense.

They get back to where this program should be, the IPF will already be well worth the investment.

Grimm and Messina looked really good today.

Depth at mid field will allow guys like Schoonmaker to go both ways

It's only the 1st Game relax, Williams has a whole season ahead. Don't anoint him King yet . By watching yesterday's Game it looks like a keep hitting and pounding Kevin Rice strategy is in the works for the season i hope he can withstand it (Some were cheap shots)

Reaction: No. 4 Syracuse 21, Siena 7 (IL: Rahme)

Two startling revelations accompanied No. 4 Syracuse’s 21-7 dismantling of Siena on a snowy Saturday afternoon before a crowd of 2,740 in the Carrier Dome, SU’s earliest-ever opener. Each should serve notice to upcoming Orange opponents that two chinks in the perennial lacrosse powerhouse’s armor may no longer exist.

First, a four-year drought at the face-off X, a wilderness in which the Orange somehow crafted a 51-19 record despite X woes that ranged from a woeful low of .420 (2013) to a mediocre high of .483 (2011), appears to be over courtesy of Holy Cross transfer Ben Williams.

Second, the team’s bad habit of playing hot potato with a lacrosse ball early in the season due to its inability to practice on a full field thanks to Central New York’s notoriously nasty winners has been broken with the erection of the 87,000 square-foot Ensley Athletic Center.

Here is how each development defined Saturday’s contest...

30801.jpg

Reaction: No. 4 Syracuse 21, Siena 7 (IL: Rahme)

Two startling revelations accompanied No. 4 Syracuse’s 21-7 dismantling of Siena on a snowy Saturday afternoon before a crowd of 2,740 in the Carrier Dome, SU’s earliest-ever opener. Each should serve notice to upcoming Orange opponents that two chinks in the perennial lacrosse powerhouse’s armor may no longer exist.

First, a four-year drought at the face-off X, a wilderness in which the Orange somehow crafted a 51-19 record despite X woes that ranged from a woeful low of .420 (2013) to a mediocre high of .483 (2011), appears to be over courtesy of Holy Cross transfer Ben Williams.

Second, the team’s bad habit of playing hot potato with a lacrosse ball early in the season due to its inability to practice on a full field thanks to Central New York’s notoriously nasty winners has been broken with the erection of the 87,000 square-foot Ensley Athletic Center.

Here is how each development defined Saturday’s contest...

30801.jpg

Good to see something from Dave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom