Silent G with a sweet dunk after a nice pass from Luke K. in Summer League today | Syracusefan.com

Silent G with a sweet dunk after a nice pass from Luke K. in Summer League today

Nice!! Kennard's a good player. He had a good game last night. I think Mike has been playing SF so far?

He had his fair share, at least 4 or 5, of missed dunks during his otherwise great career on the hill.

I know he's capable of dunking, I'm pretty sure he won the team's dunk contest at least once. But he's had a few rattle out and such.

I cannot be the only person on here who remembers this.
It's not that he missed regular dunks that made you question why he was out there.. but it's that he would just miss dunks that would be on top plays the next day if they went in. It's like he just couldn't get that dunk that he'd be remembered for to go down

It's not that he missed regular dunks that made you question why he was out there.. but it's that he would just miss dunks that would be on top plays the next day if they went in. It's like he just couldn't get that dunk that he'd be remembered for to go down

Exactly. The ones he missed were by no means easy ones. He was usually taking off from way out of the comfort zone - I was usually shocked he was even attempting from that sort of distance, and even more shocked he was always within a centimeter of flushing it. I'm not sure he ever really connected on one of those ones though...he must have though.

Exactly. The ones he missed were by no means easy ones. He was usually taking off from way out of the comfort zone - I was usually shocked he was even attempting from that sort of distance, and even more shocked he was always within a centimeter of flushing it. I'm not sure he ever really connected on one of those ones though...he must have though.

MCW was famous for this too. I'll never forget the two footed attempt he had from what seemed like just a few feet inside the FT line that he rocketed off the back of the rim. Can't remember who we were playing, but it was the sweetest missed dunk I've ever seen.

MCW was famous for this too. I'll never forget the two footed attempt he had from what seemed like just a few feet inside the FT line that he rocketed off the back of the rim. Can't remember who we were playing, but it was the sweetest missed dunk I've ever seen.

Triche had one too that was a epic. I think it was in a L against somebody good in the Tourney possibly.

My favorite was Lydon's attempt vs UNC in the final four.

Saw a little bit of Gbinije's summer league game vs. OKC two days ago. First possession, Silent G drilled a three with a guy closely contesting. Handled the ball well the first few possessions, etc. I thought that it was good to see -- that he looked like he was one of the better players on the floor for that stretch, etc. The Pistons built a huge lead, and it looked like they were going to roll OKC.

Then, I got busy for the next hour and a half doing stuff around the house. When I started paying attention again, it was late in the fourth quarter, and Detroit was clinging to a tiny lead. G went to the line and missed the second FT, which enabled OKC to come down and hit the game winning three. But what stood out to me was that he only finished with 7 points [they showed his game stats when he was at the line]. Disappointing, considering he hit a three on the opening possession. Really, really, really hope he makes it and carves out a solid NBA career.

He had his fair share, at least 4 or 5, of missed dunks during his otherwise great career on the hill.

I know he's capable of dunking, I'm pretty sure he won the team's dunk contest at least once. But he's had a few rattle out and such.

I cannot be the only person on here who remembers this.

You're not in the minority - anyone who followed the team from 2014 to 2016 has to remember Gbinije's Violent Unmakeable Dunk Attempts (VUDAs).

Other than Brandon Triche, we've probably never seen a player with so many strange, aggressive missed dunks.

Saw a little bit of Gbinije's summer league game vs. OKC two days ago. First possession, Silent G drilled a three with a guy closely contesting. Handled the ball well the first few possessions, etc. I thought that it was good to see -- that he looked like he was one of the better players on the floor for that stretch, etc. The Pistons built a huge lead, and it looked like they were going to roll OKC.

Then, I got busy for the next hour and a half doing stuff around the house. When I started paying attention again, it was late in the fourth quarter, and Detroit was clinging to a tiny lead. G went to the line and missed the second FT, which enabled OKC to come down and hit the game winning three. But what stood out to me was that he only finished with 7 points [they showed his game stats when he was at the line]. Disappointing, considering he hit a three on the opening possession. Really, really, really hope he makes it and carves out a solid NBA career.
You got busy for an hour and a half? You're the man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom