Silly article on Grantland about the demise of the Big East | Syracusefan.com

Silly article on Grantland about the demise of the Big East

djcon57

Living Legend
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7675694/watching-demise-once-mighty-basketball-super-conference

Rick Pitino says ""We're the number-one revenue producer in college basketball by $11 million, according to Forbes last year. We made $40 million and Duke was second with $29 million. So, with that in mind, when we make decisions of what to do with our program, it's based on our athletes and our alumni. We polled all our athletes and our alumni, and 90 percent of them said they loved the league.""

OH, the reason they aren't leaving the Big East is because they polled their alumni and players. Oh. Ok. I buy that.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7675694/watching-demise-once-mighty-basketball-super-conference

Rick Pitino says ""We're the number-one revenue producer in college basketball by $11 million, according to Forbes last year. We made $40 million and Duke was second with $29 million. So, with that in mind, when we make decisions of what to do with our program, it's based on our athletes and our alumni. We polled all our athletes and our alumni, and 90 percent of them said they loved the league.""

OH, the reason they aren't leaving the Big East is because they polled their alumni and players. Oh. Ok. I buy that.
Wonder what he will say when they head for the Big 12 next year. And why is he the spokeperson for the Louisville AD?

Funny, go over to the UL board and they're calling for slick rick to be fired.

Wonder what he will say when they head for the Big 12 next year. And why is he the spokeperson for the Louisville AD?

A lot like JB huh?

Sent from my DROIDX

99% of the country doesnt know or care who the AD is at lville or Syracuse for that matter.

they do know Boeheim and pitino and care what they think.

They say greed is the reason SU and Pitt left. Common sense is the reason SU and Pitt left. Name one school in the BE that would have turned down the ACC.

acc-logo

I googled this writer's bio and he is an alum of Marquette.

The only book he wrote was titled "American Idiot." Fitting.

The CUSA fans just dont realize how different the feel of the conference is with them as members. Of course, they love being affiliated with the BE because it was a good move for them. Their stubborn fanbases dont understand that just because they arrived in the BE doesnt mean the conference has been solidified...or according to Marinatto..."stronger than ever before." Only the conference commissioner and CUSA fans actually believe that crap. If the conference was so strong...they would still be in CUSA.

"The West Virginia fan base is famously fervent, and more than willing to travel, but the state's median household income is $38,000 a year, and now, instead of trips to New Jersey and Philadelphia, those fervent fans will have to haul that fervor to Lubbock, and Waco, and Stillwater, Oklahoma."

or...

The West Virginia fan base is famously fervent, and more than willing to travel, but the state's median household income is $38,000 a year, and now, instead of trips to Houston, and San Diego, and Boise, Idaho, those fervent fans will have to haul that fervor to Lubbock, and Waco, and Stillwater, Oklahoma.

A lot like JB huh?

Sent from my DROIDX

I really wonder if he's going for a front office job like an AD position or League commissioner. Starting to think that coaching is boring him. He's not only spoken as if he's the Louisville AD but also like he's the Big East commish. Has Pitino been known to be impulsive, I thought he was known as more of a calculating person (I guess one could question his judgement going from Kentucky to the Celtics). He announced his retirement after 2013 - to race his horses? I may be absolutely wrong but I think Rick has a plan in place for something he wants.

99% of the country doesnt know or care who the AD is at lville or Syracuse for that matter.

they do know Boeheim and pitino and care what they think.
Put me in the 1%. At least with respect to Pitino. I could care less what that self serving SOB thinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom