Silver lining? Now go HARD after Asiantii Woulard!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Silver lining? Now go HARD after Asiantii Woulard!!!

Can't blame Zach, after all he has a right to change his mind. And, all of you that are saying the kid won't pan out, I'm sorry, the kids the real deal. As for our chances at AW, or really any marquee players at this point, unless we bag a big name and well respected coach at OC, isn't going to happen. Better hope we hang on to Wilson at this point. Since DM has left, I have been down, then downer, leveled off at down, caustiously optimistic with Shafer PC, and down again. Anyone know who for sure who are potential candidates for OC? I don't like alot of the names that have been thrown around.

If he was so great he would be higher than 56th QB in the class and he wouldn't have been a 2 star up unil last week. I agree with the hype being all about his Texas-origins.

It amazes me how quickly a thread gets off topic. What does any of this have to do with Asiantii Woulard?

If he was so great he would be higher than 56th QB in the class and he wouldn't have been a 2 star up unil last week. I agree with the hype being all about his Texas-origins.

You're not very astute. The main reason he was wanted here was that he ran a very similar offense to what we ran and he ran it very well. Looked to have everything Nassib has plus much better passer and runner at the same stage. Hell, maybe a better passer right now. That is why we wanted him so badly. The PA kid is a very good passer but a pocket QB. Hunt is probably the closest we have here now as far as suiting the style we are trying to run.

This is the best post I have read with regard to this situation. The part about most of the hype being because he is from Texas. I agree 100%.

Completely false. The hype came from his impressive performance at the Elite 11 camp last summer, as well as comments from some of the camp coordinators [including Trent Dilfer].

It had zero to do with him being from Texas. Zero.

He has the potential to be a very good QB at this level regardless of stars. Lots of good offers not posted on that site.

The new OC should say "Hey, if it were up to me you would have been the first hs qb I would have offered so it's not my fault they went with ZA."

We have an out with this young man.

The new OC should say "Hey, if it were up to me you would have been the first hs qb I would have offered so it's not my fault they went with ZA."

We have an out with this young man.
We have two chances with this kid, slim and none and Slim left town!

You really need to educate yourself about the star rating process. There has been more than enough information posted in the last 2 weeks about how the whole system works. Scout gives more stars to bigger schools with more fans. Why? Because scout (and the others) are businesses that make money by fans paying for subscriptions to read their stuff. It's been noted that for years the writer for Pitt gave every Pitt player 3 stars or higher, yet the team still sucked. How did these players suck so much if they were all so highly rated? Rutgers is another perfect example. Also, in the last couple of years many of our players are rated 2 stars or lower but as soon as a big name school sends them a serious offer they almost always get bumped up to at least a 3 star. How does a player jump from a 2 star to a 3 star when their football season has been over for months, did they get better sitting around the house?

You really need to educate yourself about the star rating process. There has been more than enough information posted in the last 2 weeks about how the whole system works. Scout gives more stars to bigger schools with more fans. Why? Because scout (and the others) are businesses that make money by fans paying for subscriptions to read their stuff. It's been noted that for years the writer for Pitt gave every Pitt player 3 stars or higher, yet the team still sucked. How did these players suck so much if they were all so highly rated? Rutgers is another perfect example. Also, in the last couple of years many of our players are rated 2 stars or lower but as soon as a big name school sends them a serious offer they almost always get bumped up to at least a 3 star. How does a player jump from a 2 star to a 3 star when their football season has been over for months, did they get better sitting around the house?

You know that isn't completely true. We were at the other 2 sites and we had access to those evaluators and talked often to them and knew how their system worked. In fact, while we were there, Bob didn't assign stars. He had a small role because he ranked players in PA but others above him did the stars.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You know that isn't completely true. We were at the other 2 sites and we had access to those evaluators and talked often to them and knew how their system worked. In fact, while we were there, Bob didn't assign stars. He had a small role because he ranked players in PA but others above him did the stars.

Don't some coaches get bonuses based on how high their recruiting classes are? I have heard that quite a few of them do.

This does bring up the question that I'd like answered, I thought Marrone and staff did a very nice job of evaluating hs talent was Adkins the main guy at this or was a general staff thing? This is something along with being an SU salesman is what Shafer+staff have to be. We are not even close to being a selector when it comes to recruiting and have to really do our homework in this area.

This does bring up the question that I'd like answered, I thought Marrone and staff did a very nice job of evaluating hs talent was Adkins the main guy at this or was a general staff thing? This is something along with being an SU salesman is what Shafer+staff have to be. We are not even close to being a selector when it comes to recruiting and have to really do our homework in this area.

Terrific point, they made it a point to not use outside services or evaluators. They had their own criteria and I thought brought in a ton of under the radar talent.

Adkins said the only reason that they even used the rating websites was to hear what kids were saying. Not to look at stars.

Terrific point, they made it a point to not use outside services or evaluators. They had their own criteria and I thought brought in a ton of under the radar talent.

Adkins said the only reason that they even used the rating websites was to hear what kids were saying. Not to look at stars.

And that why losing Adkins bothers me a bit, I understand why he'd leave but if he was the ring leader I really hope somebody on the current staff learned from him and is staying or they get somebody as talented. Adkins seemed to have a plethora of contacts.

But we don't now. So our recruits go pretty much unnoticed unless other teams are interested in them.

But we don't now. So our recruits go pretty much unnoticed unless other teams are interested in them.

If I'm a smart coach of an AQ team I would look and see who SU offered and I wouldn't be surprised at all if some schools did just that and then took at look at the kid.

Very good point. And regardless of whether it was Marrone or Adkins who were the "brains" behind evaluating talent, the fact of the matter is that we had a very solid program in place to identify under the radar talent. Losing that approach in amalgam could have an impact upon recruiting, sans Adkins to run it.

I'm hoping my sarcasm meter is off...

Did you really just call his post classless, yet wish him a career ending injury? Are you 12 years old? Pot kettle?
Actually, he's mellowed over the last few days. Previously, he wished for a paralyzing injury. That one didn't sound sarcastic either.

You really need to educate yourself about the star rating process.
I am pretty educated in the process and I guarantee you this kid will be the next Tino Sunseri lol. I am serious.

I am pretty educated in the process and I guarantee you this kid will be the next Tino Sunseri lol. I am serious.

I don't know what kind of player he will end up being. I'm merely pointing out that looking at his star rating as a precursor for his future success is completely inaccurate.

You guaranteeing that is like me guaranteeing he will win a Heisman. You have no more idea than I do.