Similes of disbelief | Syracusefan.com

Similes of disbelief

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Is anyone else having trouble finding words for your feelings? How about:

I feel like that dinosaur 5 seconds after the comet hit.

I feel like I need to click my heels 3 times.

I feel like I just discovered I am my own grandpaw.

Anyone else?

No more conference games in the Dome with Higgins or Burr officiating.

I'm also conflicted. Like watching Larry Wildman driving off a cliff ... in my brand new Maserati.

I'm also unsure about the move. I grew up loving SU playing northeastern teams and never saw the connection with southeastern universities. Now that I live in Virginia it's certainly a more convenient venue for me to see SU play but don't feel a connection in the same way as with Pitt, WVU, and even UConn. I've spent most of my adult life savoring victories over GTown & UConn and don't remember as well the victories we've had over ACC teams except perhaps the 1975 win over North Carolina. I've read a lot of comments from SU fans whose opinions I respect and trust that the move is the right thing financially, but am apprehensive about the significant changes in mindset that will get the SU fan community inspired about games against our new partners in the ACC. I do think the ACC makes more sense than a hybrid conference made up of outcasts from the Big 12 and hope the ACC will become a more cosmopolitan kinda place than its Tobacco Road history.

I am happy for SU Football, but I am CRUSHED for SU Basketball. I love the BE Tournament. It will be excruciating not to see us playing under the lights in MSG. Very sad.

I wonder what Jake Crouthamel is thinking right now?

For basketball it's a pretty sad day. I like the rivalries, some I could live without obviously, but overall I'll miss it. My big fear is that we end up being a Maryland or BC. Our football goes from bad to mediocre and our basketball goes from good to mediocre and we just become irrelevant even though we're in one of the coveted super conferences. At least we matter in basketball right now.

With that being said, I'm talking feelings - I realize Syracuse has to make the move for plenty or reasons.

For basketball it's a pretty sad day. I like the rivalries, some I could live without obviously, but overall I'll miss it. My big fear is that we end up being a Maryland or BC. Our football goes from bad to mediocre and our basketball goes from good to mediocre and we just become irrelevant even though we're in one of the coveted super conferences. At least we matter in basketball right now.

With that being said, I'm talking feelings - I realize Syracuse has to make the move for plenty or reasons.

I feel exactly the same way. Just another Maryland. It had to be done, for financial reasons, but i doubt it turns out to be good for the programs. I sure hope this helps us pull in more fb kids from FL, and reduce travel costs, because i can't help thinking that it will hurt the bb program. Only time will tell.

When I first heard the news I almost threw up in my mouth! Then the more I thought about it and read the board, it probably is for the best! For bball broadcasts, the prospect of trading Raf & Bilas for Dookie V makes me want to throw up in my mouth again!!!

When I first heard the news I almost threw up in my mouth! Then the more I thought about it and read the board, it probably is for the best! For bball broadcasts, the prospect of trading Raf & Bilas for Dookie V makes me want to throw up in my mouth again!!!

Oh god, if we get stuck with the same ACC crews I will shoot myself. We'll finally know what it's like to be a Providence or Rutgers fan where all the announcers talk about is us and pretty much ignore the fact that there is a second team playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom