Since 2020 we are 4-16 in our 20 games against AP top 25 teams. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Since 2020 we are 4-16 in our 20 games against AP top 25 teams.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a quality win sometime.
1 - 7 against Q1 and Q2 teams this season ... and that Q2 win was home against a short-handed VT team that just dismantled them in a rematch. Six of those to go and I'm not optimistic for any of them except Wake at the dome. And even that will probably be an OT game or 1 possession disaster waiting to happen.

I don't know what everyone is worried about - it's been stated over and over that the AD and JB will handle this perfectly. And don't forget we are raising a ton of money...

I don't know what everyone is worried about - it's been stated over and over that the AD and JB will handle this perfectly. And don't forget we are raising a ton of money...
Pitino-Syracuse.jpg

We’ve beaten 2 teams with NET rankings below 100. Va Tech (51), Cornell (88).

Let that sink in. Our second best win this year is Cornell.

Third best win is #152 Richmond, which we beat by 3.

We’re 13-9 but this is probably the lowest strength of schedule we’ve played against in 20 years. UVa is #15 and the ONLY top 25 NET team we’ve played yet.

An average Boeheim team from his first 38 seasons is probably 19-3 at worst against this schedule.

1 - 7 against Q1 and Q2 teams this season ... and that Q2 win was home against a short-handed VT team that just dismantled them in a rematch. Six of those to go and I'm not optimistic for any of them except Wake at the dome. And even that will probably be an OT game or 1 possession disaster waiting to happen.

You may not need to worry about us blowing that Q2 chance against Wake. They are NET 72 and will have a tough time staying NET 75.

Not shocked I've thought the last few years we pull dispoportionally fewer upsets than other similar teams that are a little over .500 and upper part of middle of the pack.

Long time lurker. Slowly but surely grown more dispirited year after year.

How about another stat of how non-competitive Cuse is against quality opponents.

Since 2020, Syracuse is 8-33 against Top 50 KenPom schools.

Over that same stretch, here are the records of other noted ACC teams with rich histories of college basketball success:

Florida St: 18-20
Clemson: 17-20
Miami: 15-27
Virginia Tech: 15-22

If there was a worse word than irrelevant, that’s Syracuse basketball over the last 4 seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom