Since Local Radio stinks.. | Syracusefan.com

Since Local Radio stinks..

BuffOrange

All Conference
I decided to look up our old friend Danny Parkins, now in KC. Podcasts from his show get posted daily. He had Pomeroy & Bilas on yesterday.

He's pretty optimistic about KU but I thought his co-host (who full disclosure I think is a Mizzou fan) brought up an interesting "say their weaknesses out loud" theory:

Kansas - "don't defend that well, sketchy PG play, one of their best players hurt."
Not exactly characteristics you like in a team that goes far.

When I do this for Cuse, "no depth, can't shoot"...
Not ideal, but considering every team has warts; those deficiencies sound a bit more manageable to me, considering mediocre shooting teams can get hot for a few games.

Also heard Pomeroy on with Lebatard yesterday & he answered 'Cuse for teams that are being underrated right now. Yes, he was one of the guys who hated us a month ago.

When I was a freshman, I decided to check out WAER. The person that they decided to be the mentor of my partner and I was senior (or maybe Jr) Danny Parkins. He was so good on the radio that it intimidated the hell outta me. I lasted a week.

Also heard Pomeroy on with Lebatard yesterday & he answered 'Cuse for teams that are being underrated right now. Yes, he was one of the guys who hated us a month ago.

Seems reasonable actually. Underrated as one of the nine best in the country but overrated as the best in the country. I think many folks felt that way then and now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom