since people dont tend to watch other games here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

since people dont tend to watch other games here

Well, there have been 3 good seasons in the past 20, couple ok seasons and the rest more doomish.

I’m not really making myself feel that much better, but felt compelled to say it.
I consider a good season double digit wins. That has only been once in a long, long, long time.

FSU just beat No. 5 UNC. Their season is sweet even they lost the remaining games.

Watching the fans at that game I would be shocked if FSU doesn't have a major CoVid outbreak on their hands going into next weekend.

I don't get the point. They stink so it's ok that we stink? I don't care about what anyone else is doing. It's year 5 of a rebuild that looks dreadful.

we dont have answer for the inside zone play, thats pretty clear. that doesnt mean all hope is lost for next yr.

we need 1 WR to step up for sure.
play calling is not the issue

It may not be the issue, but it's certainly one of 'em, and I don't know how that's even debatable.

FSU got rid of their coach when it was obvious he was failing. The other schools on that list will as well.
And you wanted to keep Shafer.
You clearly are bias against Babers because of something.

People like you aren’t consistent. Atleast Dino has shown he can be successful he deserves the criticism now but unlike Shafer he had a real successful season.

Watching the fans at that game I would be shocked if FSU doesn't have a major CoVid outbreak on their hands going into next weekend.
There’s been fans in many stadiums over the course of this fall. They are in an outdoor stadium also. How would fans over 20 ft away be the reason for a FSU team outbreak? I hear this comment every time someone sees any semblance of a crowd. They had 19k fans in attendance or about 25% capacity. I have a feeling the outcome won’t be as bad as you think.

And you wanted to keep Shafer.
You clearly are bias against Babers because of something.

People like you aren’t consistent. Atleast Dino has shown he can be successful he deserves the criticism now but unlike Shafer he had a real successful season.
SS lost all his QB's for 2014 and 2015. That was a legitimate reason for those seasons going bad. He made and won a bowl in his first year. DN took over for Bob Spoo at EIU, who was a FCS hall of fame coach. He had put together one last class, with Garoppolo at QB, and was going to make a run. That team was poised to win big when Spoo got fired and DB got the job. At Bowling Green he inherited a conference power from Clawson. In neither place did he recruit and build the team. I watched the ACC games yesterday and came away thinking that Syracuse does not look like an ACC level team, like they don't belong.

There’s been fans in many stadiums over the course of this fall. They are in an outdoor stadium also. How would fans over 20 ft away be the reason for a FSU team outbreak? I hear this comment every time someone sees any semblance of a crowd. They had 19k fans in attendance or about 25% capacity. I have a feeling the outcome won’t be as bad as you think.

Well...

1- I was referring to FSU as a university not just the team.

2- The team celebrated with fans after the game by jumping up into the stands. Also being outside but in large condense clusters is not much better than being distanced inside. Again not sure where you are getting 20 ft but you must not have watched the post game video.

3- Florida has removed CoVid 19 restrictions for gatherings

4- Cases are spiking all over the country since colleges resumed. Florida and Texas have fans in stadiums and their numbers are way up.

I’d probably feel better about Syracuse if I didn’t watch other teams.

Since I do, what I see is a program, in a state, that has the deck stacked against them. We shouldn’t be this bad... this is just ridiculous... but I’ve resigned myself to the idea that we’ll never be much more than a top 15-25 team on good years.

Watching games from all over the South and it’s filled with passionate coaches, dedicated fan bases, and elite athletes on the field... even on the meh teams.

Then I watch Syracuse, in our COVID-locked down empty Dome, and realize we’re basically a PAC-12 team minus the nearby recruiting hotbeds that happens to be located in a league with some football factories.

Most teams in the ACC are in the same boat of not being any good. The issue is SU isn't even on that boat. We are in the water looking up at all those teams. If we were in the boat this would be ok to deal with. But when we are so far from the mediocrity that is the ACC it makes it very very difficult.

I’d probably feel better about Syracuse if I didn’t watch other teams.

Since I do, what I see is a program, in a state, that has the deck stacked against them. We shouldn’t be this bad... this is just ridiculous... but I’ve resigned myself to the idea that we’ll never be much more than a top 15-25 team on good years.

Watching games from all over the South and it’s filled with passionate coaches, dedicated fan bases, and elite athletes on the field... even on the meh teams.

Then I watch Syracuse, in our COVID-locked down empty Dome, and realize we’re basically a PAC-12 team minus the nearby recruiting hotbeds that happens to be located in a league with some football factories.

We're yankee Wake Forest in this league

judging by the comments
we are not a very good team right now but neither are alot of teams.

after tonight

FSU 1-4
Lou 1-4
Virg 1-3
duke 1-5
su 1-4
tt 1-3
ok-tex 2 wins
LSU 1-2
MSU 1-3

some teams with some big coaching names not doing all that well either..

Duke lost their being stud center and couldnt run at all today.
The problem is that one of the teams on that list beat us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom