Since Pugh came back the run blocking execution has been | Syracusefan.com

Since Pugh came back the run blocking execution has been

GoSU96

Living Legend
crazy good, I mean old school Nebraska good. The traps, pulls, zone that these guys have executed has been D in '87 good. The inside traps just the last two games have opened holes inside that have been two yards wide. The seals that Pugh has been getting on DE's are textbook.

As pointed out they aren't 6-6 315 across the board, it's technique, footwork, 5/6/7 working as one that is getting it done.

Congrats to the guys up front and Adkins and Marrone.

crazy good, I mean old school Nebraska good. The traps, pulls, zone that these guys have executed has been D in '87 good. The inside traps just the last two games have opened holes inside that have been two yards wide. The seals that Pugh has been getting on DE's are textbook.

As pointed out they aren't 6-6 315 across the board, it's technique, footwork, 5/6/7 working as one that is getting it done.

At the same time Trudo became a starter - the addition of those two turned the offense around. Trudo is going to end up being just as good as Pugh.

I think this is the main reason for the winning streak. Killing people up front.

They run to both sides to so it isn't just Pugh. Trudo and Hickey have also been killing it and and the favorite whipping boy, Mackey, might be one of the best centers we've had in a long time.

It'll be a tall order to replace Pugh and Chibane but we should be ok. I'll sure never doubt Adkins and Marrone's ability to identify line talent and then develop it.

i heard a scout say once that smaller lineman tend to be better at run blocking because they are more mobile and better at pulling/finding targets at the 2nd level, getting angles, etc. bigger lineman tend to be better at pass blocking. I good example was the shanahan broncos lines they were always one of the smallest in the league.

The kid that was a road grader today was Chibane. Best game of his career and we went behind him a lot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The kid that was a road grader today was Chibane. Best game of his career and we went behind him a lot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yep, a bunch of times he was driving guys to the ground, and then finishing the block.

At worst, we return three starters on the o-line. Including the center, who makes most of the calls. Trudo and Hickey, who each will be starting for the next two years at worst.

I really think our offensive line will be a strength of the team moving forward. Barring injuries (which I think is one area we were very fortunate in this year) of course.

I miss a lot of the nuances but even i can see how fast pugh is for a guy his size. Remarkable athlete

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom