Since when did this place become WVU. | Syracusefan.com

Since when did this place become WVU.

GoSU96

Living Legend
What right does anybody here have to be mad, angry, or resentful about the decision a HS kid makes to go to college.

And that extends to coaches that have performed their jobs well and have other opportunities.

It's a game, it's entertainment, not life and death.

Buzz had a point.

Come on people - stop acting all emotional and stuff. It's wrong.

Shafer is right - these are 18year-old kids and we want kids that want to be here.

I think it's all about mixed signals.

Like that broad in college that would let me walk her home with her arm around me just to close the door in my face.

I think you are exaggerating a slight bit. We are not and will never be Mountaineer-crazy. Now, pardon me while I go burn my futon.

What right does anybody here have to be mad, angry, or resentful about the decision a HS kid makes to go to college.

And that extends to coaches that have performed their jobs well and have other opportunities.

Buzz had a point.

I don't really think anyone is angry, I think people are more disappointed than anything. The kid is going to be a great football player and he would've thrived in this system. People wanted him here and he flipped on the day he was supposed to be moving in at Cuse. People can be upset if they want to be.

Buzz had a point.

So we should ignore the fact that Marrone changing his mind about taking Hackett at the last second and is destroying this recruiting class is no big deal? No ones mad at ZA, people are mad that thanks to Marrones actions at his dream school he is about to set this program back god knows how long.

I think it's all about mixed signals.

What obligation does this kid have to fans here?

He's been on this campus once of a couple of days.

He was excited to go to work for a particular boss, management changed. Terms of the deal changed, there is nothing wrong with him going elsewhere.

You say sorry it didn't work out, best of luck.

That's it.

I'm not mad at any kids/players.

Adults, I'm disappointed in a few adults though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't wish any non-SU players and coaches success. Don't care. Go Cuse, hope everyone else sucks!

What's so terrible about that? This is sports, entertainment...why wish the opposition well?

Come on people - stop acting all emotional and stuff. It's wrong.

We root for SU and spend time on this board because we're passionate and we care. No one ever said it's life and death. I think we're allowed to get a little emotional. If I wasn't, I'd just stop watching and cancel my season tickets.

We root for SU and spend time on this board because we're passionate and we care. No one ever said it's life and death. I think we're allowed to get a little emotional. If I wasn't, I'd just stop watching and cancel my season tickets.

Check your sarcasm meter.

So we should ignore the fact that Marrone changing his mind about taking Hackett at the last second and is destroying this recruiting class is no big deal? No ones mad at ZA, people are mad that thanks to Marrones actions at his dream school he is about to set this program back god knows how long.

Was there some promise made? I haven't seen that story. Maybe he did, do you know that for a fact? Are you saying he told Gross I'm not taking anyone from the staff?

If you had your way not so long ago Hackett would have been gone, but I guess firing hin would have advanced the program.

The hypocrisy around here is breathtaking.

I think people are pissed because of all the talk he made saying he was still 100% loyal to Cuse, and that he was trying as hard as he could to keep the class together (and that was what, a couple days ago?)...And now he jumps ship...Personally, he's gone, am I mad? Hell yeah. But it's over now.

Was there some promise made? I haven't seen that story. Maybe he did, do you know that for a fact? Are you saying he told Gross I'm not taking anyone from the staff?

If you had your way not so long ago Hackett would have been gone, but I guess firing hin would have advanced the program.

Again you keep assuming this about Hackett as far as the OC, that couldn't be farther from the truth but of course you keep ignoring that fact even though I have noted it about a half dozen times now. Its about the 2013 recruiting class, no newsflash here but SU isnt Alabama, Georgia, USC, Texas, ND they cant afford to basically take a recruiting class off and just say " oh well, gues we'll get em next year". This class wasnt anything to write home about to begin with and now the best player is off the board who was desperately needed as we didnt bring in a QB last year. AE is pretty much gone as well and Smith is now 50-50 at best. I know you were a big Marrone guy so its hard for you to admit it but his actions have destroyed this recruiting class, period.

Go, you have a tremendous capacity for accepting disappointment. Give the rest of us a minute to gather ourselves together before we smile.

Buzz had a point.

your one of those dudes that sits on his hands at the game arent you??? bro, most arent really mad at the kid directly just pissed at the process and what transpired..if we want to make cuse have a football culture again this is what happens when fan bases care about the future of the program...

Buzz had a point.

Why do you always feel the need to tell people how they should fell and what they should think?ALWAYS!

Again you keep assuming this about Hackett as far as the OC, that couldn't be farther from the truth but of course you keep ignoring that fact even though I have noted it about a half dozen times now. Its about the 2013 recruiting class, no newsflash here but SU isnt Alabama, Georgia, USC, Texas, ND they cant afford to basically take a recruiting class off and just say " oh well, gues we'll get em next year". This class wasnt anything to write home about to begin with and now the best player is off the board who was desperately needed as we didnt bring in a QB last year. AE is pretty much gone as well and Smith is now 50-50 at best. I know you were a big Marrone guy so its hard for you to admit it but his actions have destroyed this recruiting class, period.

Uh, if Hackett leaving is destroying the class, and you wanted Hackett fired, wouldn't that have destroyed the class just the same?

Uh, if Hackett leaving is destroying the class, and you wanted Hackett fired, wouldn't that have destroyed the class just the same?

Ugh no because Marrone would still be here if we had continued to struggle on O. As I said to you in person on numerous occassions the play calling from the second half of the RU game on had been much better, much more downfield passing and starters carries for Jerome Smith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom