Single play that defined this season | Syracusefan.com

Single play that defined this season

Dcuse

All Conference
Coming in off the high of WV win, We pin Louisville deep on the opening kickoff, Stop them for -2 on their 1st play. 2nd and 12, we flush QB out of pocket and somebody lets their WR release behind them by some 20 yards. A lousy pass prevents a TD but they complete it and we never recovered for 5 entire games.
I probably overstate it but my mind keeps going back to that play. I just don't understand how they could possibly let that happen.

For me... EASILY... the interception on the goal line against Rutgers. Even though it was before the WVU upset, that play was the epitome of everything that was wrong about our playcalling that would soon blow up.

Second place is Sharpe's PF in the early stages of the USC game... the fact that we were never expected to win that game keeps it out of the number one spot.

Lumping together, the personal foul calls this year. Absurd considering they are playing under a disciplinarian regime.

Bailey's fumble in overtime of Rutgers?

Going for the field goal on the 1 yard line against Rutgers-Tells you all you need to know.

When Marrone told his OL he didn't trust them to get 6 inches and win the game vs. Rutgers.

When Marrone told his OL he didn't trust them to get 6 inches and win the game vs. Rutgers.

Great minds think alike...and so do you and I:) -Did you see my post before yours?

Great minds think alike...and so do you and I:) -Did you see my post before yours?

Hadn't seen it when I posted, Saw the OP and replied.

Going for the field goal on the 1 yard line against Rutgers-Tells you all you need to know.
winner winner chicken dinner most horrible call of the year gutless

winner winner chicken dinner most horrible call of the year gutless

We get it. You don't like Marrone anymore. Is there an ignore poster function available that I can't find?

We get it. You don't like Marrone anymore. Is there an ignore poster function available that I can't find?
Hey LeMoyne did you like that call?

Interesting that there are so many different choices from people. I thought the fumble/flip return TD yesterday that sealed the game was pretty fitting. Maybe it didn't define the season, but it certainly summed up its last 5 games.

Coming in off the high of WV win, We pin Louisville deep on the opening kickoff, Stop them for -2 on their 1st play. 2nd and 12, we flush QB out of pocket and somebody lets their WR release behind them by some 20 yards. A lousy pass prevents a TD but they complete it and we never recovered for 5 entire games.
I probably overstate it but my mind keeps going back to that play. I just don't understand how they could possibly let that happen.

I don't have a single play but dumb penalities and broken tackles would be involved. Those epitomized the season for me.

Things that involved skill are going to be what they are. But lack of discipline and basic technique should not happen. In reality, they happened all the time.

Phillip Thomas drop of a sure pic-six..would have put game out of reach...SU & Rutgers seasons would have traveled different paths...

Phillip Thomas drop of a sure pic-six..would have put game out of reach...SU & Rutgers seasons would have traveled different paths...

I would like to have seen what the final five games would have been like if we'd already clinched a bowl game.

I think it was the mid-4th quarter TD we had against URI.

Why?

BECAUSE WE NEEDED A MID-4TH QUARTER TD TO BEAT FREAKIN' URI.

in retrospect... not sure I trust them to get six inches either
I get what you're saying, but if you trust them that little... there's no sense even competing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom