Single play that defined this season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Single play that defined this season

For me it was when we lined up in a bunch formation on 3rd and a couple during our first drive against Louisville, got a penalty scooting us back a little bit, lined up in the same bunch formation, and completed the pass short of the sticks.

Random, I know that's how it must seem, but that was the end.

The 3rd and 7 - 2 yard out to Provo for 4 yards. That was in every game no need for me to be specific.

I get what you're saying, but if you trust them that little... there's no sense even competing.

I definitely hear ya, but obviously we weren't going to forfeit games, so ya still gotta go with the odds... even in a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. Personally, just like the play against Rutgers, my biggest problem likely didn't come down to the fourth down, but instead the likely two or three poorly thought out passing plays that proceeded it.

Note, I can't remember how exactly we got into that situation, but this just seems like it was par for the course. Don't use your 220lb RS Frosh, your 244lb Frosh, or your 240lb SR FB, instead lets get cute and try to perfectly execute a passing play. Hell, if you want to get cute, how about working Goggins out in practice. 270 and athletic, I'll take a handoff to him over a timing route to a freshman in perhaps the biggest game of the year.

Coming in off the high of WV win, We pin Louisville deep on the opening kickoff, Stop them for -2 on their 1st play. 2nd and 12, we flush QB out of pocket and somebody lets their WR release behind them by some 20 yards. A lousy pass prevents a TD but they complete it and we never recovered for 5 entire games.
I probably overstate it but my mind keeps going back to that play. I just don't understand how they could possibly let that happen.

For me, it's the Bailey fumble on the ten or fifteen yard line against Rutgers in OT.

If he holds onto the ball we likely end up scoring the winning TD.

That to me is what epitomizes this season - silly, stupid turnovers in key situations by players who are normally very reliable.

For me, it's the Bailey fumble on the ten or fifteen yard line against Rutgers in OT.

If he holds onto the ball we likely end up scoring the winning TD.

That to me is what epitomizes this season - silly, stupid turnovers in key situations by players who are normally very reliable.

Still think Bailey gets too much cred for his reliability. Believe he put it on the deck 6 times, and lost like 5 of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom