SiriusXM ACC Network Comments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SiriusXM ACC Network Comments

I did call. I have 4 different cars, my cars all support only xm-radio all access and its online only for all 4 cars.

All I know is I had to upgrade to All Access and they sent an updated code to my radio in the car and I ended up getting it. It was kinda a pain in the butt but worth it now. Hopefully any new car will get it. I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee...and I receive it.

The Big East was/is the best story in sports. No other conference had the color or personalities that it had.

...and a shockingly high number of the games were absolute classics. It drives me nuts that nobody “owns” that history, so it’s being forgotten.
The New Big East "owns" that history. When the realignment happened, the Catholic schools took the BE record book and the league tournament at MSG, and walked away from millions of dollars.

The New Big East "owns" that history. When the realignment happened, the Catholic schools took the BE record book and the league tournament at MSG, and walked away from millions of dollars.
So your theory is that Georgetown, Villanova, and pals are itching to school classic early 90’s SU vs Miami football games? Or maybe they’re jonesing for a showing of SU’s VT game where McNabb won the BE w/ no time left.

Playing one tourney a year at MSG, and continuing to count Villanova’s XC conference titles from the 1980’s clearly isn’t what I meant. No significantly large body of schools has a strong vested interest in telling the BIG EAST’s story, like the ACC, PAC, B1G, SEC, etc. do.

And no, showing old Georgetown vs St. John’s games isn’t enough to tell the BE’s story.

So your theory is that Georgetown, Villanova, and pals are itching to school classic early 90’s SU vs Miami football games? Or maybe they’re jonesing for a showing of SU’s VT game where McNabb won the BE w/ no time left.

Playing one tourney a year at MSG, and continuing to count Villanova’s XC conference titles from the 1980’s clearly isn’t what I meant. No significantly large body of schools has a strong vested interest in telling the BIG EAST’s story, like the ACC, PAC, B1G, SEC, etc. do.

And no, showing old Georgetown vs St. John’s games isn’t enough to tell the BE’s story.
I don't know what you mean by "theory".

All I said is that the new league kept the name, the history (record book), and the MSG tournament.

For whatever reason(s), they have remained relevant in basketball.

College sports leagues are constantly changing. In the early 2020's there could be another seismic realignment. What was once relevant, or even dominant, can be left behind--see the Southwest Conference
in the heyday of SMU,TCU and Rice.

The Old Big East is gone, but certainly not forgotten by those of us who were fans for nearly 3 decades. I just hope that time doesn't erase the distinctive, unique imprint of the original league.

I tried to warn you guys. Clemson people hate the conference for this very reason.

I am in Greensboro this weekend and noticed that the airport has an ACC Bar.

A bar...named after a conference.

Don’t recall Rhode Island having a Big East Bar & Grill.

Wake Forest is impressive, but goodness Boeheim’s quote a couple years back is dead damn on point.

Wake Forest is impressive, but goodness Boeheim’s quote a couple years back is dead damn on point.
HMSHost : HMSHost Opens ACC American Café at Piedmont Triad International Airport
ACC American Cafe | Raleigh-Durham International Airport
HMSHost : ACC American Café

In the Collegiate Community

The ACC American Café isn’t just about the food, as the ACC and HMSHost use a portion of the proceeds from the restaurant to sponsor scholarships as part of the ACC Postgraduate Scholarship program. The scholarships are awarded annually to select student-athletes who intend to pursue a graduate degree following completion of their undergrad requirements. HMSHost also offers internship opportunities for ACC students who are studying in fields such as restaurant management, construction management and culinary development.

Last edited:

I dont know what's worse... The fact that you're in Greensboro or that there's an ACC bar.

I dont know what's worse... The fact that you're in Greensboro or that there's an ACC bar.

Wake Forest is legit!

Part of it goes back to when they merged the 2 satellite networks. My cars, both older than Texans does not get those channels anymore in the car. I have had extensive phone conversations about it with them. I've had satellite for about 12 years, and got the college networks in the car for years. I also have never paid more that $90 per car for 12 months. I used to go through the script that is in several car forums for the renewal deal. Now I call every year, and say I'm calling to cancel. But if you want to give me the deal, I will consider renewing for a year. Seriously it is so much easier to just cut to the chase. I tell them with all of the other options that have come along, that they should be happy to have my business. Otherwise I can use one of the many music streaming options that have developed. I don't tell them that I listen to news or sports. Besides not doing the automatic renewal, I tell them that my authorization for my credit card is for a "one use" only. They can charge without a further authorization.

so the issue it turns out is that this is a SiriusXM radio only offering. if your car has an XM or Sirius radio it will not work.

I had to buy a new radiofor my car a couple years ago to get all of the channels I was paying for. I didn't get anything past the low 200s on my old one. I don't like the newer radio as much (fewer presets and no weather/traffic preset), but now I can listen to things I couldn't before.

I don't know what you mean by "theory".

All I said is that the new league kept the name, the history (record book), and the MSG tournament.

For whatever reason(s), they have remained relevant in basketball.

College sports leagues are constantly changing. In the early 2020's there could be another seismic realignment. What was once relevant, or even dominant, can be left behind--see the Southwest Conference
in the heyday of SMU,TCU and Rice.

The Old Big East is gone, but certainly not forgotten by those of us who were fans for nearly 3 decades. I just hope that time doesn't erase the distinctive, unique imprint of the original league.
Your comment about the Southwest Conference is exactly my point. Entire histories were effectively erased because nobody has a vested interest.

You keep bringing up a the acquisition of the name and the continuation of the BET in MSG, but neither of those facts change the reality that nobody really owns the BE’s history.

And, to be very clear, by “own,” I don’t mean “owns the rights to the content.” Someone legally owns that (ESPN?). But nobody has a vested interest in building it up, publicizing it, glorifying it, and so on.

its too bad the in car radios are so much worse than the stand alone radios, and for really no reason as so much of it just software anyway.. really they lose money by not just offering different levels of options as a software upgrade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom