SJU, Uconn, G Town, Pitt, BC | Syracusefan.com

SJU, Uconn, G Town, Pitt, BC

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
By losing to these teams we put our fate in the hands of the basketball gods despite beating Duke, UVA, FSU and multiple other top 100 teams.

Unfortunately some of our quality wins, themselves, lost a few more times which devalued them as quality wins.

Unfortunately other bubble teams rose to the occasion in their conference tourneys while we, still, could not.

Unfortunately the committee felt more justified in throwing the Pac a bone than they did throwing Cuse bone #2.

Hopefully Battle/Howard/Thompson gain some solid experience against tough teams.

Thank you White and Gillon, you were more than worthy and deserve a better outcome.

Onward to football season!

Next season's coach(JB or Hop) is going to have an EPIC job to win. It will be a true test, but I believe!

Do not schedule any teams from the old BigEast. They all have a lot of talented recruits but lousy coaches who can only get them up to play SU. They always have this blood in their eyes when they see the Syracuse jersey. For SU they are just preACC warm up games. SU has nothing to gain and they have everything to gain. Screw them.

Do not schedule any teams from the old BigEast. They all have a lot of talented recruits but lousy coaches who can only get them up to play SU. They always have this blood in their eyes when they see the Syracuse jersey. For SU they are just preACC warm up games. SU has nothing to gain and they have everything to gain. Screw them.
I've always been for ditching SJU, Uconn, G Town for once game annually vs. Nova.

Ah yes their super bowl. Of course!

Ah yes their super bowl. Of course!

1lad4t.jpg

Might be true. I mean, St. Johns is a bad loss, but also beat Marquette, Providence, etc...and in a marquee non-conference game, at the Garden, doesn't do us much good. We could always take an easy win - go play JBs kid at Cornell! Get that road win! lol At the end of the day, I kind of look forward to playing those teams though, and we should beat them.

gtown and uconn are both on the schedule next year

Might be true. I mean, St. Johns is a bad loss, but also beat Marquette, Providence, etc...and in a marquee non-conference game, at the Garden, doesn't do us much good. We could always take an easy win - go play JBs kid at Cornell! Get that road win! lol At the end of the day, I kind of look forward to playing those teams though, and we should beat them.

i think losing at home by 30+ is why its a bad loss

If only we had something going for us against one of those old BE does (like GTown. I dunno) that could make it like OUR super bowl!

Think, think, think...

There are tons of alums in NYC and D.C. SU needs to play in those places at least semi-regularly.

By chasing the ACC money this is what has to occur to appease the northeast alums who were left without local games.

The upside is that the teams in those areas suck. The downside is that we lost to them.

How about we play them and win?

I LOOOAAATHE G-TOWN.

And UConn isn't exactly appreciated...although it's their obnoxious know-nothing fans more than the program.

St. John's gets the Orange into the Garden where the 50,000 NYC area alumni can actually see them.

Nothing wrong with adding Nova.

This should be the best in northeast basketball.
Unfortunately, this season, besides Villanova the best northeast team is Seton Hall.

I'm an alum 10 minutes from Georgetown. Playing them is pointless. Grew up 10 minutes from St Johns. Playing then is pointless too. Those programs aren't the usual ham and eggers we beat up in the early season. If we cross paths with them in some MSG tournament so be it. Would rather dance in March than relive the good ole days in December

I LOOOAAATHE G-TOWN.

And UConn isn't exactly appreciated...although it's their obnoxious know-nothing fans more than the program.

St. John's gets the Orange into the Garden where the 50,000 NYC area alumni can actually see them.

Unfortunately, this season, besides Villanova the best northeast team is Seton Hall.

You have new teams to loathe.

I LOOOAAATHE G-TOWN.

They carry this exspouse like ax to grind because we left for a better situation. There are other teams we could play in MSG. How about Penn St or Rutgers. BY the way Kevin Willard is a great up and coming young coach ;).

I'm an alum 10 minutes from Georgetown. Playing them is pointless. Grew up 10 minutes from St Johns. Playing then is pointless too. Those programs aren't the usual ham and eggers we beat up in the early season. If we cross paths with them in some MSG tournament so be it. Would rather dance in March than relive the good ole days in December

Maybe, but your fellow alums disagree. Moving to a southern conference means appeasing the alums who lost local games.

Maybe, but your fellow alums disagree. Moving to a southern conference means appeasing the alums who lost local games.

2 hour car ride to UVa and 4 to the Triangle. It's odd to consider yourself a top tier program and have rivals that sell 2K season tickets in an NBA arena.

ACC tournament last year and this and next cover those markets as well.

2 hour car ride to UVa and 4 to the Triangle. It's odd to consider yourself a top tier program and have rivals that sell 2K season tickets in an NBA arena.

ACC tournament last year and this and next cover those markets as well.

I get it but those drives aren't "local". This is what we have to do in exchange for the ACC move.

If we played UMASS, Manhattan and GWU and won all 3 and went 10-8 in the ACC, we would be in the tourney no questions asked. The ACC is a nonstop war.

If we played UMASS, Manhattan and GWU and won all 3 and went 10-8 in the ACC, we would be in the tourney no questions asked. The ACC is a nonstop war.

If we couldn't beat the teams we lost to then why would those games be automatic? At that point of the year I wouldn't have chalked down anything as a win.

If we couldn't beat the teams we lost to then why would those games be automatic? At that point of the year I wouldn't have chalked down anything as a win.
UConn, Gtown and St Johns all recruit at a much higher level than the other 3 I cited.