skaneatlas is done | Syracusefan.com

skaneatlas is done

I don't really think they had a choice. Feel bad for the kids that did the right thing and for the kids whose loss to Skan may have kept them from the playoffs.

Whatever the adults did, the kids shouldn't be punished. Section 3 should be ashamed. For most of these kids, it will be the last time they step on a field, or even have a chance to be called winner or champion. And not that it matters now, but if Skan. had won the appeal, Section 3 would of had to disappoint another group of kids. The situation was handled poorly, and the only real losers in this case is the kids.:mad::bang:.

Whatever the adults did, the kids shouldn't be punished. Section 3 should be ashamed. For most of these kids, it will be the last time they step on a field, or even have a chance to be called winner or champion. And not that it matters now, but if Skan. had won the appeal, Section 3 would of had to disappoint another group of kids. The situation was handled poorly, and the only real losers in this case is the kids.:mad::bang:.

They've said that none of the players are ineligible. Just the team is.

I've read all the articles on Syracuse.com. There appear to five transfers: Troy green, who was on the B'ville JV team but lives in Skaneateles and just transferred back to where he lives: Jacob Galento of Chicago, whose father got transfered to Hancock airport; Koree Reed, who was at B'ville, moved to Virginia and then moved to Skaneateles, Malik merritt, who was at Ludden, hurt his ankle and left the team before the end of alst seaosn and Kahiry Gale who was at Ludeen, then Corcoran and the Corcoran coach said he barely rmeembered him. "He just kind of slipped through the cracks". It doesn't sound as if the team was built by having other Central New York team's stars transfer to Skaneateles en mass.

I've read all the articles on Syracuse.com. There appear to five transfers: Troy green, who was on the B'ville JV team but lives in Skaneateles and just transferred back to where he lives: Jacob Galento of Chicago, whose father got transfered to Hancock airport; Koree Reed, who was at B'ville, moved to Virginia and then moved to Skaneateles, Malik merritt, who was at Ludden, hurt his ankle and left the team before the end of alst seaosn and Kahiry Gale who was at Ludeen, then Corcoran and the Corcoran coach said he barely rmeembered him. "He just kind of slipped through the cracks". It doesn't sound as if the team was built by having other Central New York team's stars transfer to Skaneateles en mass.
What has a lot of area coaches pissed off is that at the summer football camps Green ran, a lot of their players were approached about transferring to Skaneatelas.

What has a lot of area coaches pissed off is that at the summer football camps Green ram a lot of their players were approached about transferring to Skaneatelas.
Sounds like a case of jealousy. Someone else posted the other day that some of the Skan parents whose kids are seeing less playing times are the ones who brought this out into the open. Sad part is that this whole thing is about a Class C football program whose Athletic Director hired someone with a big time past. Should it surprise anyone that he wanted to win. I don't think Hollywood will be making a movie about this.

so i guess troy went to b'ville purely for academics and decided to transfer back when the team was stacked.

The way I understand it Tim didn't think the system in place at B' Ville fit Troy's game and wouldn't help him show off for college coaches.

This just doesn't make sense to me. If all of the players are eligible, how can the team be ineligible? If this is solely an issue with the coaches and how the program is run, suspend the coaches in question and let the kids play.

The way I understand it Tim didn't think the system in place at B' Ville fit Troy's game and wouldn't help him show off for college coaches.

It really shouldn't matter why he transferred to Skaneateles. His parents' main residence is there, so it's legit. If anything, people should have questioned his attendance at B'ville.

It really shouldn't matter why he transferred to Skaneateles. His parents' main residence is there, so it's legit. If anything, people should have questioned his attendance at B'ville.
Not saying it mattered just saying why he did. Straight from someone at B 'Ville.

Actually
Sounds like a case of jealousy. Someone else posted the other day that some of the Skan parents whose kids are seeing less playing times are the ones who brought this out into the open. Sad part is that this whole thing is about a Class C football program whose Athletic Director hired someone with a big time past. Should it surprise anyone that he wanted to win. I don't think Hollywood will be making a movie about this.

Actually, it would make a very good movie.

Not saying it mattered just saying why he did. Straight from someone at B 'Ville.

I didn't mean to say that you did. I guess I was just kind of speaking into the air on that topic.

This just doesn't make sense to me. If all of the players are eligible, how can the team be ineligible? If this is solely an issue with the coaches and how the program is run, suspend the coaches in question and let the kids play.

They are all eligible because the kids do live in Skaneateles. That was never in doubt.

In my opinion this is all BS! It's so ridiculous that a public school can't recruit or should I say encourage a student to come to their school but all the parochial schools can recruit all day long!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom