Sky is falling!! | Syracusefan.com

Sky is falling!!

rocfan44

All Conference
I agree that this has been an awful week for the team. I do think that we are in a better position than we were last year. There is still a lot of basketball to be played. A win against Virginia (as slim of a chance as that looks right now) and everyone will be back on the train. Don't lose faith yet!! LGO!!!

I agree that this has been an awful week for the team. I do think that we are in a better position than we were last year. There is still a lot of basketball to be played. A win against Virginia (as slim of a chance as that looks right now) and everyone will be back on the train. Don't lose faith yet!! LGO!!!
We do not have a legit scorer on this team or a rebounder for that matter. Coaching is suspect no tourney this year

There's a lot wrong with this program right now. However, JB seems re-energized, and i trust him to get things rolling again over the next few years.

I’d generally be pretty optimistic at this stage with 15 games left. But I just don’t see any answers with this team. There’s no offense beyond our top 3 — and that’s not changing anytime soon.

Now we’re not rebounding well.

Lost to a wounded team without its two best players.

Most of us were encouraged by the 12-2 start, but it’s pretty clear that was somewhat of a mirage.

Today was a must win.

Provided Brissett returns next year, it’ll be a better team. But I remain concerned with the center position. Chukwu was lost today and Sidibe is a question mark with his knee issue. It’ll be interesting to see if they address that.

I’d generally be pretty optimistic at this stage with 15 games left. But I just don’t see any answers with this team. There’s no offense beyond our top 3 — and that’s not changing anytime soon.

Now we’re not rebounding well.

Lost to a wounded team without its two best players.

Most of us were encouraged by the 12-2 start, but it’s pretty clear that was somewhat of a mirage.

Today was a must win.

Provided Brissett returns next year, it’ll be a better team. But I remain concerned with the center position. Chukwu was lost today and Sidibe is a question mark with his knee issue. It’ll be interesting to see if they address that.
hear what you're saying but I don't think PC was at all "lost" today - he's just GOT to be better on the defensive glass

People keep pointing to next years freshman...do we really think freshman are going to lead us back to prominence? And Bazley and Carey may both be 1 and done from what I’ve read.

There is a difference between being an optimist and a lemming. If you can show me a legit consistent scorer on this team then I stand corrected.

People keep pointing to next years freshman...do we really think freshman are going to lead us back to prominence? And Bazley and Carey may both be 1 and done from what I’ve read.
cuz freshmen haven't done anything in college hoops of late

There is a difference between being an optimist and a lemming. If you can show me a legit consistent scorer on this team then I stand corrected.
What do you think Battle is then? He's the textbook definition of a scorer -- he somehow gets his points every night and has been doing so since the second half of last season.

These past 2 games should answer those who asked why SU wasn't inthe top 25. 2 straight loses (3 out of 5). 1 to a team missing its top scorer. THEN to a team missings its best 2 players. AT HOME. Both games a team that was amoung the top in the country in offensive rebounding, got out rebonded. ND made SU look like it was playing 5 guards.

cuz freshmen haven't done anything in college hoops of late

Very insightful response. Many freshman don’t deliver...the very elite often do. Bazley is elite so it’s a guarantee that he delivers for us? I hope so.

Very insightful response. Many freshman don’t deliver...the very elite often do. Bazley is elite so it’s a guarantee that he delivers for us? I hope so.
about as insightful as your attempted point

hear what you're saying but I don't think PC was at all "lost" today - he's just GOT to be better on the defensive glass

Well, yes. He also didn’t score a point.

If they are both one and done as you suggest that would have to mean they are pretty good and will have delivered on the court, right?

This team lacks of finesse. The only way to win is to build large margin earler like Virginia Tech game. We will lose most of close games.

If they are both one and done as you suggest that would have to mean they are pretty good and will have delivered on the court, right?

With our luck...no...and we’ve seen it before with guys leaving early.

You're wrong on this one. Freshmen today come in ready to play. Sure, most have parts of their game to work on, but this isn't 1960 anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom