Slightly OT: 1 more reason to like Salcido | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT: 1 more reason to like Salcido

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
As you can probably tell from my handle, I'm a lifelong Whitesboro, NY resident & I know there are quite a few others on here with ties to the Mohawk Valley. Anyway, I was talking SU hoops with some locals at the barber shop today & a lady randomly chimed in that one of her best friends is Sergio's mother, a Utica native & Proctor HS grad. She obviously relocated to Florida but this lady still keeps in touch & has met Sergio multiple times. She couldn't compliment him & the family enough. Pumped that the MOVA will be repped for another year before New Hartford's Connor Nelson & Lucas Quinn (son of a W'boro grad) arrive next year.

I wanted to give this its own thread because, as we all know, it will inevitably turn into yet another discussion of Greater Utica cuisine, Utica Club, riggies, greens, tomato pie, halfmoons, etc. ;)

Edit: Okay, full disclosure, it wasn't a barber shop. I get my hair cut by a female "stylist" at a "salon" :rolleyes: flame away....

38f4fc38e15e94b6cec4ed7696055f04.jpg

Love it!! I actually worked for the Brewery for 5 years while in HS/college. I donned the Schultz costume (was too tall to be Dooley) many times for the St. Patty's Day parade & other events. Also enjoyed countless hoops games in the Brewery's seats in Section 212. One of my most prized pieces of SU memorabilia is 2 (1 signed by JB) of the limited edition (only 200 made) 2003 National Championship commemorative steins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom