Slightly OT: An ACC championship | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT: An ACC championship

The SU men's indoor track and field team won the ACC championship this weekend. We continue our string of impressive track and field victories within the ACC

http://www.cuse.com/news/2016/2/27/...r-track-and-field-championship.aspx?path=trun
It is a remarkable achievement for Coach Fox and his team. No throwers, no pole vaulters, and no indoor facility either.

SU once had two of the best in college athletics with the Dome and Manley Field House but both have been covered by field turf. Now that the IPF exists, I wonder if there has been any thought to removing the field turf from Manley? How much is the field turf used these days? Anyone know?

It is a remarkable achievement for Coach Fox and his team. No throwers, no pole vaulters, and no indoor facility either.

SU once had two of the best in college athletics with the Dome and Manley Field House but both have been covered by field turf. Now that the IPF exists, I wonder if there has been any thought to removing the field turf from Manley? How much is the field turf used these days? Anyone know?

It's still used quite a bit; would be nice to have a dedicated facility in Manley, though.

I heard that a 200-meter track and pits were a possibility for a renovated Dome, putting us in the rotation for a big invitational and the occasional ACC or Northeast meet. Not sure where that stands now.

Should have put a 300-meter track around the practice field inside the IPF. Would have reduced the need for an outdoor track as the team could have practiced inside in April/May.

It's still used quite a bit; would be nice to have a dedicated facility in Manley, though.

I heard that a 200-meter track and pits were a possibility for a renovated Dome, putting us in the rotation for a big invitational and the occasional ACC or Northeast meet. Not sure where that stands now.
We hosted the NCAA indoor track national championship meet in the Dome in 1984 and 1985.

The Dome is unique given its location and size. If we included a 200 M track in a renovation, I agree, we could land some really good meets.

Hope it happens.

-316c9fdc494e9676.jpg