Slowly Pulled my Red over the Orange: and said damn | Syracusefan.com

Slowly Pulled my Red over the Orange: and said damn

arbitragegls

All Conference
Well there were few whispers last night...still wondering What happened. Unlike some I am not going to go off on JB...not going off on Cooney...certainly not upset with Ennis and Grant. Seems like the answer to our loss is simply: This is a ball the object is to put it through the basket...take 1 pt for FT, 2 pts for bucket and 3 pts for a distance shot...sounds easy.

Since I was surrounded by NCState University fans and colleagues it was difficult to hear anything but shouts of glee...BUT here is what we discussed after the game:

1. NCState was fortunate to win
2. 'Cuse loss had little to do with supposed poor calls by officials
3. Cooney, with only 6 taken shots and a couple of pass up shots, didn't lose the game
3. 'Cuse defense was good...not great but good enough to win the game
4. 'Cuse offensively was OFFENSIVE...this is why 'Cuse lost the game...and interestingly most in my NCState group would agreed with this...

Actually, the last few seconds of the game demonstrated what 'Cuse has shown all season:
Heart, Hustle, Athleticism, and Desire to Win...what the last few seconds also showed was how bad 'Cuse can be...Out of Control and Can NOT PUT the Ball in the Basket...5-6 shots from 3 point range--all rushed--and all MISSED...
'Cuse in all its losses this year...and there hasn't been many-- is the TEAM that CAN NOT Shoot Straight.

So from the STEALTH SIDE: There is hope and probably an amazing upside to the outcome of this season: And here is why:

1. 'Cuse defense keeps team in game even if offense disappears
2. 'Cuse knows how to win and in majority of games puts up the WIN
3. 'Cuse can win even if Cooney goes 1-6
3. 'Cuse will do well in the NCAA if CJ and Ennis hit their average percentage of shots...PERIOD.

Would anyone on the board think that 'Cuse would lose by ONLY 3 points if:
1. CJ shoots 3-16...that is 19% when his average is 43%
2. Ennis shoots 6-18...that is 33% when his average is 41%
3. RAK plays 21 minutes with only 2 pts and few boards

And remember, most of their misses were open shots...just missed them by...a lot...which is surprising not that they missed, but how off the shots were.

That is minimally 6 buckets less than average for these two...that is 12 points...that is BIG win for 'Cuse. This is what the NCState and ACC group was talking about at the end of the game...better team didn't win because the better team did not shoot well--and it wasn't NCState defense the cause...and in college bball, scoring is key!

The key to the NCAA is will 'Cuse shoot its average for its top offensive players...if so, I see a long run into the Elite 8 and beyond...if not, 'Cuse may go out in round of 32.

What do you think?

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

arbitragegls said:
Well there were few whispers last night...still wondering What happened. Unlike some I am not going to go off on JB...not going off on Cooney...certainly not upset with Ennis and Grant. Seems like the answer to our loss is simply: This is a ball the object is to put it through the basket...take 1 pt for FT, 2 pts for bucket and 3 pts for a distance shot...sounds easy.

Since I was surrounded by NCState University fans and colleagues it was difficult to hear anything but shouts of glee...BUT here is what we discussed after the game:

3. Cooney, with only 6 taken shots and a couple of pass up shots, didn't lose the game
4. 'Cuse offensively was OFFENSIVE...this is why 'Cuse lost the game...and interestingly most in my NCState group would agreed with this...

Actually, the last few seconds of the game demonstrated what 'Cuse has shown all season:
Heart, Hustle, Athleticism, and Desire to Win...what the last few seconds also showed was how bad 'Cuse can be...Out of Control and Can NOT PUT the Ball in the Basket...5-6 shots from 3 point range--all rushed--and all MISSED...
'Cuse in all its losses this year...and there hasn't been many-- is the TEAM that CAN NOT Shoot Straight.

So from the STEALTH SIDE: There is hope and probably an amazing upside to the outcome of this season: And here is why:

3. 'Cuse will do well in the NCAA if CJ and Ennis hit their average percentage of shots...PERIOD.

Would anyone on the board think that 'Cuse would lose by 3 points if:

And remember, most of their misses were open shots...just missed them by...a lot...which is surprising not that they missed, but how off the shots were.

That is minimally 6 buckets less than average for these two...that is 12 points...that is BIG win for 'Cuse. This is what the NCState and ACC group was talking about at the end of the game...better team didn't win because the better team did not shoot well--and it wasn't NCState defense the cause...and in college bball, scoring is key!

The key to the NCAA is will 'Cuse shoot its average for its top offensive players...if so, I see a long run into the Elite 8 and beyond...if not, 'Cuse may go out in round of 32.

What do you think?

I'm actually pretty positive about our NCAA chances and was saying much of your post last night. Well said!!

I do not believe we have shown heart, hustle, athleticism, or a desire to win for the vast majority of our recent streak.

Sure we may turn it on like we started to do last night (or at the end of the GA Tech game) but we don't play with any of that for the early parts of the game which is why we are in the positions we are in at the end of them.

We look flat with no fire for 35 minutes and then decide to play like we are capable.

As with any NCAA tourney it's going to come down to matchups, my concern is that if we play like we have we don't matchup will with anyone.

I thought going into last night that the game would be a good measure of how the rest of the season goes. Can't say I'm too confident but still gotta believe we can right the ship.

Let's go Orange!!!!!

Would anyone on the board think that 'Cuse would lose by ONLY 3 points if:

What do you think?

Love your posts. Agree with most of it except about Cooney. This team as constructed cannot win games against good teams with it's SG scoring 5 points in 30 minutes of playing time. The SG is a scorer's position. His inability to get open for so few attempts and then miss all of them is severely hurting the team. It's the main reason they don't resemble the team from earlier in the season.

If somebody told me before the game we would be 23-29 from the line I would have guessed we won by at least 20. While their are positives that we lost by only three with Fair being making only one non dunk and Ennis not shooting a high percentage, we also did things that we normally don't do that kept us in the game.

I am not sure if what's wrong with this team can be fixed in just a couple weeks. If we get luck and get good match ups we could make it past the first two rounds beyond that IDK.

Who's the leader of this team? Can someone show some emotion.. Anyone? I guess they take after their coach who was laughing on the sideline after that ****show of a final few seconds.

I really didn't think that the defense was good yesterday. NC State seemed to get far too many easy/open looks for most of the game.

The trap seemed to energize the team, and confuse NC State, so maybe a little more of that would have helped. Other than the start of the game, and during our 2nd half run, I thought that the D looked a bitt sluggish, and slow to react.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom