Wildhack is killing it | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack is killing it

The coaching hires and the rationale behind them make sense. Time will tell if they pan out.

But the head in the sand with women’s hoops, lax, and softball is a terrible look.

I do wish he could have moved on from our legendary lax and hoops coaches sooner. But I don’t hold that against them given the politics at play and all they accomplished. Still though it’s sort of maddening the hole Gait and Red have to dig out of.

The coaching hires and the rationale behind them make sense. Time will tell if they pan out.

But the head in the sand with women’s hoops, lax, and softball is a terrible look.

I do wish he could have moved on from our legendary lax and hoops coaches sooner. But I don’t hold that against them given the politics at play and all they accomplished. Still though it’s sort of maddening the hole Gait and Red have to dig out of.
Desko is not comparable to Boeheim. The move in men's lacrosse was made at a perfect time. Any earlier would not have been reasonable. Boeheim there is a lot more room for debate on when we should have tried to move on. Gait is getting us back on track with an elite 2022 recruiting class where the majority were actually recruited by Desko and his staff. Autry was handed a seriously talent depleted roster after years of us being well below our standard, with no 5 star recruits in his corner unless you count Benny Williams.

That was a significant part of it. But as I remember, things were also brought directly to John's attention also and he blew it off before things blew up. Either way, if one of his direct reports is blowing off stuff like that, it's not a good look about the culture.
Is there a write up of the Q issue - I missed it if there is one?

What a relief to have a pro like JW running the show! Look at this list of accomplishments ( no particular order )

2) nudged JB out as smoothly as possible
football gambling GIF by Barstool Sports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom