SLU vs. Va. Tech | Syracusefan.com

SLU vs. Va. Tech

Nice win for the Bills. Maybe they’ll get Washington in the final.

Is anyone else getting a subtle Tom Hardy vibe or am I just crazy?

IMG_1255.JPG

Also, SLU's star player is Sparty transfer Javon Bess. I tuned into the final few minutes when GSW-Bos went to half & could not, for the life of me, figure out why that name sounded so familiar. I was enjoying a few reheated extra saucey Joe's slices & was therefore unable to use my phone to research.

All of a sudden it hit me, I was thinking of Davone Bess, the former NFL receiver. I spent 3 years staying up just to watch him & Colt Brennan at Hawaii from '05-'07, they were nearly unstoppable. I was shocked Bess wasn't drafted & even more shocked that he's not still in the NFL. Dude was dominant in college.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this...

Not a big surprise re: StL. VTech is a bad matchup for Syracuse when we don’t have enough guards and ballhandlers which is often lately. StL has enough of those, that transfer, and they are well coached. VTech isn’t nearly as good as last year I think. I always cheer for the Billikens. Have spent lots of time in StL recently. Their campus in that midtown area is cool.

Last edited:
Not a big surprise re: StL. VTech is a bad matchup for Syracuse when we don’t have enough guards and ballhandlers which is often lately. StL has enough of those, that transfer, and they are well coached. I always cheer for the Billikens. Have spent lots of time in StL recently. Their campus in that midtown area is cool.
If you like sushi, check out BLK MKT Eats next time you’re in town. It’s on Vandeventer, about a block from campus. Burrito-sized rolls.

No. We won't. We just beat Iona by less than 10. If we beat Va tech by 1, I will be thrilled.

I watched most of the game and was not impressed by either team. Vtech did not shoot the ball well from 3, and most of their TOs were unforced. I know bad shots aren't statistically turnovers, but they took a lot of bad shots. I think our D is better than SLU's D. Maybe we will not wipe the floor, but we should win

If you like sushi, check out BLK MKT Eats next time you’re in town. It’s on Vandeventer, about a block from campus. Burrito-sized rolls.

Cool, thanks. Probably in the summer sometime. I’ve been to a few good spots around campus, Delmar Loop, etc.

No. We won't. We just beat Iona by less than 10. If we beat Va tech by 1, I will be thrilled.
eh, get what you're saying - but Va Tech is horrible defensively and does not have much size at all - losing Leday/Allen/Outlaw was losing alot - they're not as good as last year

Did Buzz spring for Hair Plugs? He can afford them.

Wow that look is crazy.
Well before and after suggests his hairline has moved forward. I always thought he was bald, not by choice.

I watched most of the game and was not impressed by either team. Vtech did not shoot the ball well from 3, and most of their TOs were unforced. I know bad shots aren't statistically turnovers, but they took a lot of bad shots. I think our D is better than SLU's D. Maybe we will not wipe the floor, but we should win
I’ve been saying I think Va Tech is being a bit overrated. They lost some keys pieces from last season including Zach Delay.

Anybody watch PC vs UW? Any thoughts on that game?
Wasn't impressed with Hop's coaching in the closing minutes. Players were forcing threes when it wasn't necessary. They didn't know to foul with about 45 seconds left. Must have taken 20 seconds to put Providence on the line.

Granted, mistakes were made that had nothing to do with Hop, like the big man fumbling a key rebound out of bounds.

Anybody watch PC vs UW? Any thoughts on that game?

Thought Washington looked better than expected. Look undisciplined at times but that freshman guard Nowell is very good while their center #15 Dickerson was pretty good too. ( foul prone though) Hop had his kids competing hard against a Providence team that won 20 games last year and returned their top 7 scorers this year. Actually I wasn’t very impressed by Providence who I thought would be better than what I saw.

Also, SLU's star player is Sparty transfer Javon Bess. I tuned into the final few minutes when GSW-Bos went to half & could not, for the life of me, figure out why that name sounded so familiar. I was enjoying a few reheated extra saucey Joe's slices & was therefore unable to use my phone to research.

All of a sudden it hit me, I was thinking of Davone Bess, the former NFL receiver. I spent 3 years staying up just to watch him & Colt Brennan at Hawaii from '05-'07, they were nearly unstoppable. I was shocked Bess wasn't drafted & even more shocked that he's not still in the NFL. Dude was dominant in college.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this...

Dude... Joe’s in Whitesboro?

Dude... Joe’s in Whitesboro?
None other. I eat, on average, 4-6 sausage & mushroom slices per week Fall-Spring for SU games & then have it sparingly throughout the Summer. Can't even remember the last SU football game I watched on TV (I attend all Domers) that I didn't have a Joe's pie. It's a family tradition...'Cuse games & Joe's. There was a time when I'd allow myself 2 pies a week if there were 2 hoops games or hoops/football but I've been good about keeping it to one...I guess that's what "adulting" is lol I live 5 mins away & have been going since I was a toddler...know the owners very well.

None other. I eat, on average, 4-6 sausage & mushroom slices per week Fall-Spring for SU games & then have it sparingly throughout the Summer. Can't even remember the last SU football game I watched on TV (I attend all Domers) that I didn't have a Joe's pie. It's a family tradition...'Cuse games & Joe's. There was a time when I'd allow myself 2 pies a week if there were 2 hoops games or hoops/football but I've been good about keeping it to one...I guess that's what "adulting" is lol I live 5 mins away & have been going since I was a toddler...know the owners very well.

Got into town early this morning for my grandmothers, drove in from NC. Will be here through Thanksgiving and Joe’s is on my “hit list,” as it always is. And a ‘Cuse game, obviously.

Reheating Joe’s I had down to a science. Microwave is unacceptable. Sauce can get too dry. So I would throw a sheet of parchment paper over the slices and heat it over 350, but not over 400, until perfection. Kept the sauce from getting too dry, but crisped the crust and melted the cheese perfectly.

Freaking love Joe’s. A Whitesboro staple.

Got into town early this morning for my grandmothers, drove in from NC. Will be here through Thanksgiving and Joe’s is on my “hit list,” as it always is. And a ‘Cuse game, obviously.

Reheating Joe’s I had down to a science. Microwave is unacceptable. Sauce can get too dry. So I would throw a sheet of parchment paper over the slices and heat it over 350, but not over 400, until perfection. Kept the sauce from getting too dry, but crisped the crust and melted the cheese perfectly.

Freaking love Joe’s. A Whitesboro staple.
Parchment paper? I only get the Times-Union

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom