SLU vs. Va. Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SLU vs. Va. Tech

Got into town early this morning for my grandmothers, drove in from NC. Will be here through Thanksgiving and Joe’s is on my “hit list,” as it always is. And a ‘Cuse game, obviously.

Reheating Joe’s I had down to a science. Microwave is unacceptable. Sauce can get too dry. So I would throw a sheet of parchment paper over the slices and heat it over 350, but not over 400, until perfection. Kept the sauce from getting too dry, but crisped the crust and melted the cheese perfectly.

Freaking love Joe’s. A Whitesboro staple.
Haha wow, I'll have to try that. I've only microwaved it & have apparently been missing out :( You're totally right, the sauce does get too dry. I actually really enjoy a cold Joe's slice, especially for breakfast...A+ hangover recovery.

FYI, about 3 years ago the business was passed down another generation to the owner's daughter who decided to shorten the oven time by a few minutes, resulting in a slightly less crispy pie. Don't ask me why, I've still not gotten a valid reason out of her & can only assume it was to improve efficiency & meet demand. It's likely not even noticeable to casuals & novices but was immediately apparent upon first bite to the aficionados like us. We reached a compromise with her to have the original recipe available upon request so make sure to order your pie "well done" to get the classic, timeless product we grew up with ;) Enjoy!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom