Small positive signs | Syracusefan.com

Small positive signs

thenug211

Walk On
Since I got a bad delete after the ND game...I thought I would try to point out some small things that were encouraging and see if anyone agrees. (Board ops...I had two likes already on that deleted post, can I buy those back?)

Did anyone see Battle yelling at Gillon with about 3:40 to play to get his hands up at the top of the zone?That did my heart good.

Lydon seemed passionate and excitable out there tonight. Nice to see a leader flowering.

Despite the Taurean Thompson "donut hole zone" for most of the time he was in, he was really competing down low at the end of the game. Forced a turnover and you could actually see effort. Lends hope to next year. Those were some talented bigs on Wake. He was great offensively in the second half.

I though Gillon was going to make Boeheim strokeout at the end of the game.

Is it just me but was the fouling sequence at the end contrary to JB's Modus operandi for the last 40 years?Never saw us foul that early intentionally with a three point lead.

The students seemed really into it. Maybe they bring their A game on Saturday and help the men in orange.

Let's steal one on Saturday so that we can dream.

I agree in that it looks like Lydon and Battle are starting to emerge as the vocal leaders of the team. JB seemed more engaged last night than he has been as well. Team matched his intensity. It was interesting to me that when Frank threw it out of bounds to nobody, JB didn't scream just gave a pat as if to say you know it sit down.

In the first half, Thompson had the ball at the top of the key and was screaming at the rest of the team and motioning because they were all just standing there and not moving. That ended up being an empty possession and one of the worst possessions in the game.

The kid has passion. The D will come.

It was interesting to me that when Frank threw it out of bounds to nobody, JB didn't scream just gave a pat as if to say you know it sit down.
I was thinking the same thing. JB didn't really degrade him at all.

I agree in that it looks like Lydon and Battle are starting to emerge as the vocal leaders of the team. JB seemed more engaged last night than he has been as well. Team matched his intensity. It was interesting to me that when Frank threw it out of bounds to nobody, JB didn't scream just gave a pat as if to say you know it sit down.

Excellent point. He actually seemed strangely patient with Howard last night and like I said he looked like Gillon was going to send him into orbit.

In the first half, Thompson had the ball at the top of the key and was screaming at the rest of the team and motioning because they were all just standing there and not moving. That ended up being an empty possession and one of the worst possessions in the game.

The kid has passion. The D will come.

I didn't see that on TV but great to hear. If he gets stronger and can increase his lateral quickness a hair then he could be a force. (Although, how many times have we wished for that improvement in a player and it never happened!)

It was interesting to me that when Frank threw it out of bounds to nobody, JB didn't scream just gave a pat as if to say you know it sit down.

Frank's reaction was also pretty interesting. He looked like he wanted to blame Lydon before realizing that it was on him. He seemed resigned then to getting benched which is what happened. You can't pass to a guy who isn't looking at you and is cutting. I have no idea what to make of Frank's play at this point.

Excellent point. He actually seemed strangely patient with Howard last night and like I said he looked like Gillon was going to send him into orbit.

I'm pretty sure its not a good sign for Frank that JB let that slide without getting on him at all. Gillon is getting the vast majority of the minutes and still being coached hard by JB.

Frank's reaction was also pretty interesting. He looked like he wanted to blame Lydon before realizing that it was on him. He seemed resigned then to getting benched which is what happened. You can't pass to a guy who isn't looking at you and is cutting. I have no idea what to make of Frank's play at this point.
The issue was: FH. started to shoot, thought better of it and looked to pass. TL was going to the boards.
Frank's in a tough spot mentally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom