Smith Rated No.22 in Top 25 Player Countdown | Syracusefan.com

Smith Rated No.22 in Top 25 Player Countdown

She seems to like SU a little more now that the PSU scandal noise has quieted.

Let's see where he ranks post season. I'd imagine that it will be higher.

Which is funny, because I was going to post that he's not even our best player at his position.

We can do this.

He's big, he's hard
He'll rumble 40 yards
Je-rome SMITH
Je-ROME SMIIIITH!

He's tough, he's quick
makes defenders look like
Je-rome SMITH
Je-ROME SMIIIIIIITH!

Glory, glory, halleluah
Je-Rome Smith Will Run Right Through Ya
He keeps moving up the sticks
And he'll take it in for six
Je-Rome is marching on

I don't pretend to know how running backs project in the NFL since I always though both Malcolm Thomas and Walter Reyes had legitimate shots.

That said, does Jerome project as a guy who can get drafted and make an NFL team - in either 2014 or '15?

It's still football in most English speaking countries, not futbol.

LFC = Liverpool Football Club, CFC = Celtic Football Club, etc.

Obviously my joke was missed Lemoyne had written European soccer. Oh well can't hit a homerun every time at the plate

Obviously my joke was missed Lemoyne had written European soccer. Oh well can't hit a homerun every time at the plate

Sorry and/or my bad.

August 17th can't get here fast enough. Cuse football preseason will be in full swing and the mighty Reds will open @ Anfield once again.

Glory, glory, halleluah
Je-Rome Smith Will Run Right Through Ya
He keeps moving up the sticks
And he'll take it in for six then the tank will score us six
Je-Rome is marching on
Had to fix it, since the coaches say the only thing that can stop Jerome is the goal line.

Wow, Whitlock still plays for WF. He's an animal.

Except when he's gassed and Ant Bailey is busting around the corner for a 50 yard touchdown. Looked terribly slow at that moment.

Makes me wonder who, if anyone, we'll have in the top 21 now.

Macky?
Dyshawn and/or Spruill?
Bromley?

You'd have to think those will be the only guys who could possibly get ranked ahead of Jerome. I'm guessing we get MAYBE one more guy on the top 25 list.

Makes me wonder who, if anyone, we'll have in the top 21 now.

Macky?
Dyshawn and/or Spruill?
Bromley?

You'd have to think those will be the only guys who could possibly get ranked ahead of Jerome. I'm guessing we get MAYBE one more guy on the top 25 list.
Given the amount of respect we get around the league, I'd guess Smith is it.

Except when he's gassed and Ant Bailey is busting around the corner for a 50 yard touchdown. Looked terribly slow at that moment.

That was awesome and really the first inkling of things to come from the OL.

Whitlock had a few pushes on Macky that had the nepotism police on here cackling for a while.

That was awesome and really the first inkling of things to come from the OL.

Whitlock had a few pushes on Macky that had the nepotism police on here cackling for a while.

Unfortunately we didn't show up until the 2nd half of that gameor most others that season. Perhaps talent/strength wasn't yet where it needed to be but out conditioning and toughness showed later in games. I was one of the proud ~20,000 that stayed long enough to witness that comeback. That play was a thing of beauty and appeared to be happening in slow motion. Any was a bit gassed at that point as well but there were about 5 players from the WF defense that had a good initial angle but just couldn't get there.

I love that Drew Allen made top 25 QBs on that list ... wow

Unfortunately we didn't show up until the 2nd half of that gameor most others that season. Perhaps talent/strength wasn't yet where it needed to be but out conditioning and toughness showed later in games. I was one of the proud ~20,000 that stayed long enough to witness that comeback. That play was a thing of beauty and appeared to be happening in slow motion. Any was a bit gassed at that point as well but there were about 5 players from the WF defense that had a good initial angle but just couldn't get there.

Me too and as I recall it, we tried that play a few times prior and it just didn't quite click. Pugh I think got ahold of two guys and Ant missed running into him by about 1 millimeter. Just great.

Me too and as I recall it, we tried that play a few times prior and it just didn't quite click. Pugh I think got ahold of two guys and Ant missed running into him by about 1 millimeter. Just great.

Everyone left after Ant fumbled 2 drives prior. Then we got the ball back we punted from midfield and the venom rained down from the rafters on Marrone. Then we held them deep and they punted out to the 50 and Ant took the first play from scrimmage to the house. All of the sudden Marrone's field position play looked brilliant. Somewhere in there we knocked out their starting QB and the guy that came in was dreadful. Perfect storm and a great comeback that's etched in my memory.

Since you were there with me do you recall being amazed at how loud a half capacity crowd could be? I remember thinking "wow, if there were still 35-40k here it would be nuts".