Smith Rated No.22 in Top 25 Player Countdown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Smith Rated No.22 in Top 25 Player Countdown

The only thing keeping Jerome Smith from 1300 and 12TD's this year are other quality RB's he will split time with. He really started to get going after the Minnesota game last year. 22 preseason but at the end he's top 10.

Then we got the ball back we punted from midfield and the venom rained down from the rafters on Marrone. Then we held them deep and they punted out to the 50 and Ant took the first play from scrimmage to the house. All of the sudden Marrone's field position play looked brilliant.
Well... I know I'm an extremist on this stuff, but punting in that spot was a horrible call. What happened after doesn't change that. Planning that we could have 1) pinned them and then 2) force a 3 and out only to watch 3) Ant bust the longest TD run of his career while the clock was winding down and we desperately needed points wasn't exactly playing the percentages. What happens after making a bad decision doesn't make the decision good, it just means the percentages didn't burn us that time.

:mutters under his breath about punting, huffs, goes and sits down in the corner by himself, folds arms, huffs again, looks away from everyone, clears throat:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Well... I know I'm an extremist on this stuff, but punting in that spot was a horrible call. What happened after doesn't change that. Planning that we could have 1) pinned them and then 2) force a 3 and out only to watch 3) Ant bust the longest TD run of his career while the clock was winding down and we desperately needed points wasn't exactly playing the percentages. What happens after making a bad decision doesn't make the decision good, it just means the percentages didn't burn us that time.

:mutters under his breath about punting, huffs, goes and sits down in the corner by himself, folds arms, huffs again, looks away from everyone, clears throat:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
20100531104006!Trailer_8_Mile.jpg

And for the record I agree. I hated that call and I'm well planted on the optimistic side of our fan base.