SMU's Stuff Was Nothing Compared to This | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SMU's Stuff Was Nothing Compared to This

I agree but nowhere is that being reported that 2nd mile was funneling money into the program or that it was gained from an ill gotten source as you noted.

Yet.

But many are saying there is even bigger things to come and that radio interview this AM dropped the bomb about 2nd Mile being used as a pedophile front for big donors at PSU. IF that is true or anything close, then the stakes just got a LOT higher.

No big name coach, with any self respect is going to touch that hot potato, IMO.

They will get a no name coach, with a clean record. Penn State WILL ultimately be competing with Indiana for the Big Ten cellar.

Really? Baylor had a player murdered that was covered up by the coach less then a decade ago and ther program today is doing better then it ever has. Your delusional if you think a big time coach wont take that job.

Yet.

But many are saying there is even bigger things to come and that radio interview this AM dropped the bomb about 2nd Mile being used as a pedophile front for big donors at PSU. IF that is true or anything close, then the stakes just got a LOT higher.

I agree 100% with all that and everyone involved should be punished to the full extent of the law especially everyone who covered it up. But again even if thats true I just dont see the NCAA dropping the hammer on the program itself I hope the Feds drop it on anyone involved though, big time prison sentences.

I dont disagree but none of that is ever going to happen. That fanbase will continue to support at all costs regardless. A lot of people are gonna pay for not doign the right thing in the beginning but the program itself will survive

Oh no question. PSU might not be able to survive financially by shutting it down, that's a huge factor right there.

It's just way bigger than finding a new coach who says all the right things.

The university has to take ownership of THE PROGRAM back from JoePa, from the fans, the boosters, even from the players, who just want to play. It needs to take control over every single thing.

Not sure how else to do that without scorching the earth.