Snaps at Defensive Line | Syracusefan.com

Snaps at Defensive Line

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Here's an incomplete list of everyone I noticed playing in "defensive line" role - whether that means hand in the dirt or lining up in a standing position on the line of scrimmage:

Geer
Darton
Caleb
Fuentes-Cundiff
Linton
Lowery
Roon
McDonald

Wax and Mikel also frequently hovered around the line of scrimmage in blitz scenarios.

That's essentially 6 linebackers (including Linton, just based on his weight) and four "traditional" defensive linemen, none of whom weigh more than 270, who held their own last night.

It's a real tribute to the staff and the players for making this work thus far.

We definitely went 2-4-5 in the last drive. First time I had seen that from White.
An obvious throw situation against a QB who was overmatched and an offense that had little explosiveness. Why not drop 9?

Jatius Geer will be a nice NFL prospect. Size, speed, athleticism and good pursuit.

144% THIS.

Needs to add some weight (almost all our DL do) and he could eventually end up playing on Sundays.

Tony White & crew doing a masterful job of shuffling the deck and coaching these dudes up.

I mean - we were playing at the end minus Garrett AND Duce, and the backup DB’s stepped up and made plays.

Next man up!!

Someone who never gets talked about is Chip West. Guy has done a great job helping young guys like Wilson and Chestnut make two deep as freshman. Johnson looked strong at corner, knew what he doing out there.
Our corners are as good of tacklers as any in the country. Tony White and ALL of his staff are doing great work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom