So are there any answers at RB on the roster. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So are there any answers at RB on the roster.

The answer’s JJ.

we should probably stop throwing him directly into the middle of day 1 and day 2 DL draft picks though.

But that’s been Syracuse’s bread and butter since Strickland.
Not so much since Strickland, it's been since Dino. It's the design of the offense. I hate that we can't or won't adapt.

If Pierre has been buried the last couple of years he isn't likely to be the answer, he would be the more natural starter, but he isn't, that tells you something.
You don't say.

Are there any answers at RB on any team anywhere considering the lack of push our line gets? Barry Sanders isn't walking through that door.
Jordan should be on the slot like Phillips was and run him outside on reverses and counters. Why has Dino gone away from all the trickery that he was known for at BG and EIU?

Don’t see this at all. They are fine.
I just get a square block/round hole vibe. This offense operates best with a clear number one receiver. Spreading the ball around evenly to multiple guys is what this group needs. Adapting the playcalling to fit the players anyone?

I doubt White's weight issues have anything to do with any typical diet of an olineman. Guys that need to gain weight need to eat extra calories. Guys that need to lose weight need to eat less. I'm sure someone on staff has told him how he needs to eat to get to a weight and gain the mobility that will give him the chance to play.
Oh I am sure he has met with a staff dieticians. Yet he still looked way out of shape. Thats kind of the point I was trying to make. After three years in a program if ya look out of shape, then there is likely an underlying reason and it wont matter how much the dieticians tell him what to eat. Again I am going off what I saw last year. Maybe that has changed. Then again maybe not if he is still listed over 340. No matter, wishing him only the best.

The answer’s JJ.

we should probably stop throwing him directly into the middle of day 1 and day 2 DL draft picks though.

But that’s been Syracuse’s bread and butter since Strickland.
Even Jim Brown would have bad games if every carry was up the middle of the line.

Oh I am sure he has met with a staff dieticians. Yet he still looked way out of shape. Thats kind of the point I was trying to make. After three years in a program if ya look out of shape, then there is likely an underlying reason and it wont matter how much the dieticians tell him what to eat. Again I am going off what I saw last year. Maybe that has changed. Then again maybe not if he is still listed over 340. No matter, wishing him only the best.
Injured

Tisdale 342.
Bleich, Dakota, Kisstlestein all 330.

Q has massive hips. The upper may look different, but the lower is wider.

Last edited:
I think Jordan is a space player or after the OL has established some push with more of a power back.

If Pierre has been buried the last couple of years he isn't likely to be the answer, he would be the more natural starter, but he isn't, that tells you something.

Are Lutz or Tucker real options, what do they bring to the table? The only thing I know about them are that they are names on the roster.

How about Wax?

I just don't see Jordan lining up for the first snap of the game after week 2, I just don't think it's going to work with his skill set and stature.
Is any help on the way for next year?

My bet is the underlying reason is him. Nobody is going to follow him around all day a push the plate away at the rignt time. He has to choose to do it.

Is any help on the way for next year?

In theory Abdul Adams and Jarveon Howard will be available next year.

Not sure if bridges were burned but I'd hope that if (1) they do come back that and (2) they are better than the other options, they would be able to compete for playing time.

Even Jim Brown would have bad games if every carry was up the middle of the line.
Play calling continues to be stunningly inflexible. There are things like quick slants, use the tight ends, screens!

Last edited:
I'm guessing this ship has sailed but it's too bad that Wax isn't getting play as an RB.
The only current RB who is bigger than Wax (6-0 and 230 lbs) is Devin Flowers (6-0/245).
The RB unit could use more thump.

Hopefully Josh Hough adapts quickly next season.
Too bad Garrison from TX transferred

Any news on Devin Flowers the big PWO RB from Richmond area?

Are there any answers at RB on any team anywhere considering the lack of push our line gets? Barry Sanders isn't walking through that door.
We could run some off tackle plays and more called option plays that aren't near the goal line when defenses are stacked against the run.

There's that...

We could run some off tackle plays and more called option plays that aren't near the goal line when defenses are stacked against the run.

There's that...

But, that would take imagination and flexibility. Can't allow that.