So dissappointed | Syracusefan.com

So dissappointed

CsonkaStash

Starter
Had great seats tonight and there was a ton of excitement to start the game. I did not have expectations of winning but was excited to see a few developments but what I saw was an epic disappointment spanning all players. Sorry so negative but we scored 34 pts.

1. Bourama Sidibe Playing healthy and playing like the flashes I saw his freshman year - Either he is still hurt, had some lucky and fortunate circumstances or just doesnt care. He had literally zero rebounds at half and I assume few for the game.

2. Marek Dolezaj - I am the one who shared that he smokes a pack a day and it shows with his stamina. Also, he could not shoot tonight, was somehow skinnier than last year and plays little defense (at least tonight). Only true rebounder tonight. Still fights for the ball.

3. Quincy Guerrier - He was the one that people told me to wait and see and I will surprised at his physicality and ability for a freshman. He literally did nothing (made zero shots). He was non existent

4. Jalen Carey - nothing to say really...Can't drive, can't dribble and can't shoot. Turns the ball over and showed zero improvement

5. Buddy Boeheim - 1 for 8 from 3 point land and terrible from 2pt as well at 3-12. I did not see a lot of defense and saw very poor shot selection outside of two shots where he dribbled in the paint and used his size.

6. brycen goodine - should have redshirted to be honest. Not even close to ready, contributed nothing

7. Joe Girard - showed incredible handle, quickness and good D but poor shooting. Could not make wide open shots although decent passing and sometimes found open man

8. Elijah Hughes - Only player who can create their own shot. Really showcases how much we miss Battle, Brissett, Howard. Elijah can create his own shot but is streaky and can't finish very well. Poor around the rim.

9. Jesse Edwards - what took so long to get him in...He has height, something nobody else has and can actually play D and shoot

My rebuttals:
Buddy had a few good defensive plays where he anticipated a pass and got it but I suspect you mean traditional perimeter defense at the top of the zone, where he was lackluster.

Carey didn’t have that many turnovers. I didn’t think he was that terrible outside of the one drive where he just flat got the ball taken from him like a little kid.

Guerrier, first time I’ve seen him, looked absolutely horrible. One sequence he absolutely stood and watched UVA grab an offensive rebound and put it back and hustled dutifully down court to look for an off balance 3.

Girard looked like he had some fire to him. I see positive things for him but with the offense we run, he’d have to be an NBA all star level player to shoot over 35% from 3 this year. He’ll get Cooney’d by our fans because of the combo of nobody helping him get good shots and him being a chucker, both of which appear to be true.

Buddy perimeter D was bad...Carey only one TO but in 18 min. He was really bad and most time brought ball up court and passed immediately. also 1- 6 shooting.

Guerrier was junk, we agree on Girard

What a scrub Carey is.

Remember his 2 free throws early where he was lucky to catch some iron they were off that bad. Lololol.

How did he have a decent first 2-3 games last year again? Kid can’t even play basketball I’ve never seen a big time recruit be this terrible.

The coaching staff just does these kids no favors. No screening. No play calls. Everyone just standing around every possession like we have a superior athlete like Tyus to go to the basket—which we don’t. I love JB, but he’s just gotten worse and worse as an offensive coach and just runs the same tired plays, and then as the game wears on, he doesn’t run anything at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom