so Ducharme and Estrella for '23 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

so Ducharme and Estrella for '23

Wow. Low blow and an ignorant uninformative post like i thought. You can be upset at previous recruiting and realize this kid shouldn't be ranked 125 based on how he's played this spring. Maybe come back in 6 months and see whos right. I don't think it's going to be you.
It's certainly possible. Not sure how it's ignorant to take a look at experts rankings as opposed to fans on a message board that generally hype up EVERY recruit that we offer or even look at. There are plenty of Filipowski types that we look at that then blow up into national guys shortly thereafter. It's more an exception than the rule though.

It's certainly possible. Not sure how it's ignorant to take a look at experts rankings as opposed to fans on a message board that generally hype up EVERY recruit that we offer or even look at. There are plenty of Filipowski types that we look at that then blow up into national guys shortly thereafter. It's more an exception than the rule though.

You made a bunch of posts calling me a homer and saying I was making my analysis off highlight tapes just to create the 12,000th thread we have btching about things that have happened in the past like every other thread on the basketball board turns into these days.

If you don't believe me do yourself a favor if you get a chance and watch the games on the EYBL live stream and make your own opinion because there's nothing I can tell you to convince you otherwise because you are married to the 2 4 7 analysis.

Rankings mean sht before a kids final AAU season. Most of these guys have not played at this level yet. Ducharme averaged 17 and 4 the past weekend in the best AAU league in the country, but sure he's ranked 140 and that's where he will stay.

You made a bunch of posts calling me a homer and saying I was making my analysis off highlight tapes just to create the 12,000th thread we have btching about things that have happened in the past like every other thread on the basketball board turns into these days.

If you don't believe me do yourself a favor if you get a chance and watch the games on the EYBL live stream and make your own opinion because there's nothing I can tell you to convince you otherwise because you are married to the 2 4 7 analysis.

Rankings mean sht before a kids final AAU season. Most of these guys have not played at this level yet. Ducharme averaged 17 and 4 the past weekend in the best AAU league in the country, but sure he's ranked 140 and that's where he will stay.
Literally didn't call you a homer. It was a reference to the overall nature of the fan board and what goes on here on every recruit thread. Pretty certain you weren't the one that was hyping up JBA as a freshman starter and potential star. So that should have alerted you that it wasn't specific towards you unless you were doing that as well, just weren't the person that I specifically recall going on and on about how great he was going to be.

Literally didn't call you a homer. It was a reference to the overall nature of the fan board and what goes on here on every recruit thread. Pretty certain you weren't the one that was hyping up JBA as a freshman starter and potential star. So that should have alerted you that it wasn't specific towards you unless you were doing that as well, just weren't the person that I specifically recall going on and on about how great he was going to be.
No. That poster disappeared. And didn’t mean to come off as snarky, but I‘ve seen multiple lazy posts about this kids game that seem to be based on our past misses and not this kids actual game.

No. That poster disappeared. And didn’t mean to come off as snarky, but I‘ve seen multiple lazy posts about this kids game that seem to be based on our past misses and not this kids actual game.
Mine does certainly fit that category. I'm jaded at this point though the Carey highlight video of him being as athletic as he is got me somewhat excited last year about his possible potential though it was multiple years old and he was dunking on a bunch of 5'9 kids.

Mine does certainly fit that category. I'm jaded at this point though the Carey highlight video of him being as athletic as he is got me somewhat excited last year about his possible potential though it was multiple years old and he was dunking on a bunch of 5'9 kids.
Carey hasn't played enough against elite competition to get a great read on him. This kid has and should going forward.

Remember- even the 23 and 24 kids had to manage through the pandemic. Every single class was impacted by shutdowns and delays. That impacts development. It was uneven state to state. Late bloomer syndrome has been more the norm for just that reason. Rankings that come about senior year are likely the only valuable ones in this environment. That and tape.

Bad take. You can be upset about previous recruiting and be wrong about Ducharme by just paying attention to rankings.
Huh? What’s bad about the take? People were bitching all year about not getting top 100 guys and now we’re supposed to be pumped that we’re focusing in on 2 non-100 guys? This isn’t the end of the 23 cycle, it’s the beginning and we should be casting a wider net.

Brunson was a 5 star recruit & national championship quality PG that is excelling in the NBA...neither of these dudes would put us in great shape. Would be the same thing we've dealt with since Ennis left.
Oh boy. Ok you're right they actually remind me of the 2 guys from "Dumb and Dumber". Feel better.

Unlike the posters who rip into every recruit.

Huh? What’s bad about the take? People were bitching all year about not getting top 100 guys and now we’re supposed to be pumped that we’re focusing in on 2 non-100 guys? This isn’t the end of the 23 cycle, it’s the beginning and we should be casting a wider net.

We’ve offered about 15 kids.

Unlike the posters who rip into every recruit.
Don't think people were ripping guys like Gayle and Clingan and the other major priority list guys we were going after initially.

Don't think people were ripping guys like Gayle and Clingan and the other major priority list guys we were going after initially.

I mean the ones we got and many we target.

We’ve offered about 15 kids.
Well of course, and so long as they continue to recruit them hard and these two are not the top targets then the staff is doing fine.

Do you by chance have links to the videos where the guys we're targeting have played? I know EYBL has a million streaming channels and some of these videos are 4+ hours long so I'm not really sure where to begin if I want to watch these guys.

Do you by chance have links to the videos where the guys we're targeting have played? I know EYBL has a million streaming channels and some of these videos are 4+ hours long so I'm not really sure where to begin if I want to watch these guys.
Unfortunately I watched games on the EYBL streaming channel as they were live. I have not found anything since the weekend. I assume they will be available at some point, but the only thing I have seen so far is highlight tapes from the weekend.

Unfortunately I watched games on the EYBL streaming channel as they were live. I have not found anything since the weekend. I assume they will be available at some point, but the only thing I have seen so far is highlight tapes from the weekend.
Do you know which number channel it was? It looks like they have archives of it on Twitch. I was able to find Reid’s game against Pro Skills or whatever they’re called where Reid scored 25.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom