So Gonzaga jumps out to an 18-2 lead as a 20.5 fav | Syracusefan.com

So Gonzaga jumps out to an 18-2 lead as a 20.5 fav

retro44

Living Legend
and then loses at home by 8 to BYU. They might fall to a 3 seed if they don't crush it in their tourny.

Zags will roll through their weak conference tourney and be a #1 seed. Then lose in the 2nd round. Half the ACC would be a 1 loss team in that conference.

Let's hope the committee does not make picks based on teams worst game of the season... if so our loss vs St. John's could disqualify us from the NIT.

Last edited:
Zags will roll through their weak conference tourney and be a #1 seed. Then lose in the 2nd round. Half the ACC would be a 1 loss team in that conference.

Are all the teams in that conference worse than Boston College?

Or are you expecting that we have our one WTH loss and sweep St. Mary's and BYU.

Top ACC teams could certainly go 17-1. But the mid pack teams are going to go around 15-3. Still nice records but let's not exaggerate.

I also don't see a whole bunch of middle of the pack ACC teams that took a clean sweep out of conference including wins agaisnt Florida, Arizona, Iowa St, Tennessee. But maybe I missed that.

Last edited:
Are all the teams in that conference worse than Boston College?

Or are you expecting that we have our one WTH loss and sweep St. Mary's and BYU.

Top ACC teams could certainly go 17-1. But the mid pack teams are going to go around 15-3. Still nice records but let's not exaggerate.

I also don't see a whole bunch of middle of the pack ACC teams that took a clean sweep out of conference including wins agaisnt Florida, Arizona, Iowa St, Tennessee. But maybe I missed that.
BC has nothing to do with anything. My comment was the top 6-7 teams in the ACC could go 17-1 in that conference -- and that doesn't include SU. Zags did well in non conference certainly but it's totally different gearing up for a couple big non conf games than having to play a gauntlet of ranked teams every week like in the ACC. I like the Zags actually. Just think they are a little over-ranked and over-hyped due to feasting on a weak conference. We'll see.

BC has nothing to do with anything. My comment was the top 6-7 teams in the ACC could go 17-1 in that conference -- and that doesn't include SU. Zags did well in non conference certainly but it's totally different gearing up for a couple big non conf games than having to play a gauntlet of ranked teams every week like in the ACC. I like the Zags actually. Just think they are a little over-ranked and over-hyped due to feasting on a weak conference. We'll see.

I want to see Gonzaga play UCLA. Karnowski will be in search of a ventilator by halftime.

They won't lose in the second round lol. They are a great team.

Anyone who thinks they are overrated is clueless, and probably have not even watched them play. There is a reason that before the loss they were the 2nd best team on kenpom since he has done it.

Anyone who thinks they are overrated is clueless, and probably have not even watched them play. There is a reason that before the loss they were the 2nd best team on kenpom since he has done it.
We have someone post something like this every year.

That might be true but it doesn't mean Gonzaga isn't better than most teams in the ACC. I don't know what they will do in the tourney but I don't doubt they are a very good team with outstanding fundamentals.

A lot of people were talking up Gonzaga in 2013 as well. But having said that I'm not gonna throw them in the shtter over one loss.

That might be true but it doesn't mean Gonzaga isn't better than most teams in the ACC. I don't know what they will do in the tourney but I don't doubt they are a very good team with outstanding fundamentals.
I don't think they are a top 10 team. Top 15-20 yes, but I can't see them finishing first or second in any major conference other than maybe the BIG 10 this year.

i wonder what the money line got up to for BYU when it was 18-2? might have been in the thousands? at that point, why not bet 10 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom