So has Battle’s tournament play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So has Battle’s tournament play

I’m also hoping, but not expecting, he keep an open mind and eventually decides to use another year to improve his position. I think this unique, awesome experience he’s having this first weekend can only help in that regard, he may want to duplicate it 1 more time.

Yeah I think (am hoping) this tourney might just give him a little taste and he will wanna come back next year to have a chance to be a big dog.

If you're looking at mock drafts to say Tyus shouldn't go, you're not thinking about it right. Once he works out, he's going to impress the hell out of a lot of teams. He's probably the best offensive two guard they've had in quite some time. Dion had more potential, but actual college production it's Tyus. He forces a ton of shots, but the offense is designed for him to have to do that with the other personnel. He has a very good handle, an excellent body, and a great shooting touch. He's the real deal. People probably don't realize how much of a load he had to handle this year.

The ONLY reason for Tyus to come back is if he thinks he's a 15 to 25 guy and can go higher because the class the following year is worse. I really feel though once he works out that we'll find that he's easily in that 15 to 25 range no matter what mocks now say.

If you're looking at mock drafts to say Tyus shouldn't go, you're not thinking about it right. Once he works out, he's going to impress the hell out of a lot of teams. He's probably the best offensive two guard they've had in quite some time. Dion had more potential, but actual college production it's Tyus. He forces a ton of shots, but the offense is designed for him to have to do that with the other personnel. He has a very good handle, an excellent body, and a great shooting touch. He's the real deal. People probably don't realize how much of a load he had to handle this year.

The ONLY reason for Tyus to come back is if he thinks he's a 15 to 25 guy and can go higher because the class the following year is worse. I really feel though once he works out that we'll find that he's easily in that 15 to 25 range no matter what mocks now say.
Very good handle? Excellent shooting touch? Just stop . Hes the most inefficient shooting guard in the country probably. He needs to come back. Theres so much he can work on to get better. He got shut down by some terrible teams this year that don’t even play good defense.

Very good handle? Excellent shooting touch? Just stop . Hes the most inefficient shooting guard in the country probably. He needs to come back. Theres so much he can work on to get better. He got shut down by some terrible teams this year that don’t even play good defense.

Holy cow we get it. You have expressed all this ad nasaeum.

Lol, you took an overly positive post and managed to outdo it by a country mile with your negative take. Sure the efficiency NUMBERS haven't been amazing, but that's what you get when your far and away the best player on a mediocre team (see Bryant, Kobe on the bad Lakers teams). I also think it's crazy to think he's the best offensive two guard to come out in a while. Just last year we had Fultz (combo guard), Monk, Kennard, and Mitchell, all of whom are probably better offensively than Battle. Mitchell and Fultz especially.

I do think Battle will impress in workouts. His defensive potential is super high, and I think he will stack up well athletically against most of the other 2 guards.

Lol, you took an overly positive post and managed to outdo it by a country mile with your negative take. Sure the efficiency NUMBERS haven't been amazing, but that's what you get when your far and away the best player on a mediocre team (see Bryant, Kobe on the bad Lakers teams). I also think it's crazy to think he's the best offensive two guard to come out in a while. Just last year we had Fultz (combo guard), Monk, Kennard, and Mitchell, all of whom are probably better offensively than Battle. Mitchell and Fultz especially.

I do think Battle will impress in workouts. His defensive potential is super high, and I think he will stack up well athletically against most of the other 2 guards.
I don’t think he’s the best player on the team . Especially by far and away. OB is. I live in the real world where there’s objectivity as well as positivity. He has a lot to work on and can improve his borderline getting drafted status.

You created a thread for the purpose of regurgitating your same tired Battle takes.

Corny passive aggressive comments don't make you look better.
Its ok dont melt buddy. Just ignore my posts. When you have something to contribute I’ll listen.

Seems a lot of people are overly positive or overly negative on him.

He may impress in workouts (id bet that he does) due to his defensive ability.

No NBA team is featuring their offense around Tyus Battle for a while so he won't be going ISO unless he ends up on a tank teams second unit. I say this because he's decent at breaking his man down but as a rookie fighting for a roster spot, he's not going to be in a position to go Kobe every night.

He really needs to shoot better. He has 3 out of 4 pieces of being a legit 3&D guy - He's athletic, long and can defend, however he's sorely lacking in the "3" part of that equation. Luckily for him, that's the easiest of the 4 components to fix, especially since he can have good shooting nights.

Its easy to say Brissett should come back because it's the differences between being a fringe 1/2 round pick and a lottery pick. Battle is looking at fringe 1/2 and, if he comes back, mid-late 1st at best.

Last edited:
Why on earth would we want a guy like that back?

I love how the “oh my god Dole is the best player” guy doesn’t realize Dole gets wide open looks due to the horrible Tyus Battle

Affected his draft status? I know you all say he’s gone but it opens some scouts eyes when you’re shooting badly in college basketball’s biggest stage. This is the time to perform if you are thinking about the NBA. Just playing good defense isn’t going to get you drafted.
i'm not sure, but I think I would draft him just based on his press conferences. love him.

When people on here generically say “he’s gone” now I’m starting to think they mean Oshae Mr Double double

OB can't finish in college, how the hell is he scoring against the grown ass men in the NBA?

OB can't finish in college, how the hell is he scoring against the grown ass men in the NBA?

I guess it's the assumption his game would improve in the D league, the same as the assumption for Tyus. I dont claim to know if these assumptions are right, because even with all the arguments for them, there is something different about playing in games that actually matter and where a lot of passion is involved(and sometimes against guys who will be in the real NBA next season), and I think that is ignored by proponents of the D league. Im not sure if I'm right, maybe some players can get totally amped for D league games consistently?

Seems a lot of people are overly positive or overly negative on him.

He may impress in workouts (id bet that he does) due to his defensive ability.

+1. That reminds me a lot of Aleister Crowley(or even other figures I shouldnt mention due to the diseducation of the vast majority of Americans). People overly admired or despised him, and there werent many who had a truly objective view. As for the OP, I'm not sure. I dont think it's helped him, and he was already low on mocks(if even in them). The thing is, next year's team's problems will be kind of the opposite of this season... JB may be pushing Tyus out the door, telling him it's time. I dont know for sure, but I dont think anyone knows otherwise for sure either.

This is a fairly objective view of Crowley, not the greatest(first one I checked), but this narrator sounds objective enough to notice some of the brilliance, although he wants no parts of certain elements of the teachings:

EDIT: dont worry, I have no intent to use magick on the vast majority of you, or of course no people I know from real life.

1. Start a thread ostensibly to facilitate good discussion on an interesting and debatable topic

2. Attack as idiotic those who disagree with your view.

I should be used to it by now but it’s akways such a head scratcher when fans believe they know the best decision for others to make with their lives, without so much of the data needed to make that decision; and then even worse get angry at the player for making a decision they disagree with (even though we all know that the majority of us would do the same thing).

1. Start a thread ostensibly to facilitate good discussion on an interesting and debatable topic

2. Attack as idiotic those who disagree with your view.

I should be used to it by now but it’s akways such a head scratcher when fans believe they know the best decision for others to make with their lives, without so much of the data needed to make that decision; and then even worse get angry at the player for making a decision they disagree with (even though we all know that the majority of us would do the same thing).
That’s an attack???? Lmaoooooooooooo . We have way too many cupcakes on here. What he said was the furthest thing from the truth. You can go back to your safe place now because you were offended.

That’s an attack???? Lmaoooooooooooo . We have way too many cupcakes on here. What he said was the furthest thing from the truth. You can go back to your safe place now because you were offended.

You are tough as they come. We can all at least agree on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom