So help me out with injuries and opt outs... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So help me out with injuries and opt outs...

It was so the qb has more time to read the defense and make his own adjustments
Would it not be better than to have the center make the calls instead. I really feel this responsibility limits the rb options available.

I dont his body is built for that much hitting yet.
I am wondering if Gilbert is making a change in philosophy at rb. Maybe he is focusing more on speed. Jordan, lutz and tucker all all speed guys. Pierre is more like Adams and Howard with size and speed. Next year we will have a true power back in hough to complement the others. Thunder and lightning.

Jawhar Jordan is the most explosive RB we have.
Those two opting out gives this kid the chance to get more carries.
He has the best speed on the team. In college football more than pro football speed matters.
Adams and Howard are good depth but let’s not overreact if they opt out.

Our season isn’t going to be worse because those RBs opted out. I like the fact Jordan will get more PT.
Now we may have a depth issue but that isn’t going to lose us games unless Jordan gets hurt.
I hear ya but both opting out really sucks. What happens when we get some injuries? We need at least one of those dudes in there.

I’m still wondering if they got beat out or limited playing time with the change in oc. I could see one opting out but both seems a little strange.
I hear ya but both opting out really sucks. What happens when we get some injuries? We need at least one of those dudes in there.

Gilbert needs to find a way for Jordan to get the ball 25-30 times a game. His speed and ability to cut make him a threat to hit pay dirt every time he touches the ball.
I'm not sure he can handle that kind of volume.

Tech
Liberty
Duke
Wake

The rest are tough to put Ws next to.
F PITT they have a good D and that’s it we’re gonna beat them write it down . That goes for NC State to . I don’t see who anointed North Carolina some mega power now I need to lose to Wake Forest last year and Appalachian State who is decent their defense isn’t good their offense is and yes they got some new talent this year but that town’s not gonna be ready week one which is crazy off-season start stop stuff we could best them to .
Obviously Clemson Notre Dame and Louisville is pretty dynamic our toughest teams we will face .

I dont his body is built for that much hitting yet.
Exactly my worry. It's one thing to get 5 or 6 carries a game and another to get 15 or 16. I fear he will get worn down as the season moves on.

F PITT they have a good D and that’s it we’re gonna beat them write it down . That goes for NC State to . I don’t see who anointed North Carolina some mega power now I need to lose to Wake Forest last year and Appalachian State who is decent their defense isn’t good their offense is and yes they got some new talent this year but that town’s not gonna be ready week one which is crazy off-season start stop stuff we could best them to .
Obviously Clemson Notre Dame and Louisville is pretty dynamic our toughest teams we will face .

Last year's NC State game -- where we held them to 16 but could only put 10 points on the board -- cost us a bowl. Dammit.

Last year's NC State game -- where we held them to 16 but could only put 10 points on the board -- cost us a bowl. Dammit.
That was Tommy’s first game after injury
The pain injection didn’t help until 2nd half
They adjusted after that . In that game one play he got flushed and just drilled the ball into the ground another he just went down and people were like what the F is he doing ... now u know . On the last drive one of our WRs read it wrong he would have been wide open for an easy TD ... that guy has graduated.. the things people don’t know lol .. that game stung ..
But on to this year 8 days lesssss goooooo

He can be used as a receiver in many positions. Also as a returner.
That's still a lot of touches and hits for a small guy. I fear he'd be worn down by the end of the year, if we rode him like that. I think closer to 20 would make more sense, and he would still make an impact.

Louisville D was horrible last year

other than clemson and nd they're all toss ups.
Redrum is right about LVille. Hats off to satterfield, he got the ship turned around immediately and maximized their talent.

They adjusted after that . In that game one play he got flushed and just drilled the ball into the ground another he just went down and people were like what the F is he doing ... now u know . On the last drive one of our WRs read it wrong he would have been wide open for an easy TD ... that guy has graduated.. the things people don’t know lol .. that game stung ..
Please know I wasn't criticizing your son's performance, I'm just saying you've got to be able to score 17 points in a game when you hold the other team down. We couldn't, and took the "L." And that was the difference between a bowl and staying home. Frustrating.

Last edited:
Tech
Liberty
Duke
Wake

The rest are tough to put Ws next to.

Kinda agree. BC at home offers opportunity. That was an odd game last year. And their running game won’t be as strong.

Good info. But still, as a group, to only put up 10 on NCST was a bad performance by the unit. We were far more competitive against Pitt, with the #15 defense, versus the Wolfpack, who weren’t Top 50.

Good info. But still, as a group, to only put up 10 on NCST was a bad performance by the unit. We were far more competitive against Pitt, with the #15 defense, versus the Wolfpack, who weren’t Top 50.
U miss the point 3 NFL guys had Tommy’s injury and they went on the injured reserve
Tommy had the toughest coach in the history of high school football and the toughest division in the country look up Greg Toal
You don’t punk out when u are coached by the ultimate tough guy coach Toal
I’m telling you look up Greg Toal speeches the guy would be in prison today but he made boys into real men !

...and then JB will have those 20 wins taken away by the NCAA, in exchange for Chris Bleich's waiver being passed 5 minutes before the first game.
JB will understand. He will shoulder the burden

Slow your roll. Let’s see how he handles 10 - 15 carries first.

“Touches” is not just/only carries.

He can catch a few balls, either out of the backfield, or in the slot.
And he’s going to be returning punts &/or kickoffs.
(Hopefully a lot of the former, and few of the latter)

So, even if he only gets say:
5 carries / half
2 passes / half
4 returns / half
That’s still over 20+ touches in a game, but with only 10 carries.

That roll doesn’t need any slowing at all.
;)

Are you saying next year may be worse? If this is still around next fall to this extent, we’re in a world of trouble.
I think he is saying that Syracuse's protocols are better than everyone else's right now, and so it gives our players and team a better opportunity to make the most of the season. Next year, the nation will begin to catch up.

If COVID operates like the flu, then it will still be around in a year, and the year after. The difference will be that as time goes on I think we are going to get better and better adjusting to it and mitigating it ...maybe vaccine (which I have greatly mixed feelings about), maybe treatment, definitely testing, and definitely learning to live with it

“Touches” is not just/only carries.

He can catch a few balls, either out of the backfield, or in the slot.
And he’s going to be returning punts &/or kickoffs.
(Hopefully a lot of the former, and few of the latter)

So, even if he only gets say:
5 carries / half
2 passes / half
4 returns / half
That’s still over 20+ touches in a game, but with only 10 carries.

That roll doesn’t need any slowing at all.
;)

I can smell what Comstock is cooking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom