So how about these Lakers stories? | Syracusefan.com

So how about these Lakers stories?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
OMG, who knew that there was an organization out there being run even worse than the Knicks?

If it were me, I would trade LeBron, and try to make a deal with Boston or Philly. LeBron does not have a no trade clause, and he and his agent are super-toxic. Get him the F out of there while you can. Get a bunch of prospects. Get rid of all the used-up old retreads that LeBron had them sign last season and burn it down.

It's just a circus out there. Phil Jackson was correct about Lebron and his "posse".

Franchises knew if you signed LeBron the baggage came with him. They may be having buyers remorse but they dug their own grave and have since they let Kobe dictate his exit. They need to hire outside of the family, or hope LBJ is a better recruiter than he has shown thus far.

Franchises knew if you signed LeBron the baggage came with him. They may be having buyers remorse but they dug their own grave and have since they let Kobe dictate his exit. They need to hire outside of the family, or hope LBJ is a better recruiter than he has shown thus far.

Seriously, it's a freaking mess. I would ship him out. You could get a great package for him from Boston, and he would be reunited with Kyrie. Would Boston be interested in that? I think it would take 2 of their young players (Smart and Tatum?) plus a first round pick. Boston would still have a lot of young talent and picks around LeBron, and you wouldn't lard up the roster with all these crap players who are problems in the locker room.

Seriously, it's a freaking mess. I would ship him out. You could get a great package for him from Boston, and he would be reunited with Kyrie. Would Boston be interested in that? I think it would take 2 of their young players (Smart and Tatum?) plus a first round pick. Boston would still have a lot of young talent and picks around LeBron, and you wouldn't lard up the roster with all these crap players who are problems in the locker room.

Kyrie may not be in Boston next season... and doubt he would want to play with LeBron this time around, either.

OMG, who knew that there was an organization out there being run even worse than the Knicks?

If it were me, I would trade LeBron, and try to make a deal with Boston or Philly. LeBron does not have a no trade clause, and he and his agent are super-toxic. Get him the F out of there while you can. Get a bunch of prospects. Get rid of all the used-up old retreads that LeBron had them sign last season and burn it down.

If they strike out again in FA then I wonder if this could actually come into play. Use the #4 pick on another young guy and hope that Ingram, Ball, Kuzma can still develop and weren't stunted too much by the mess last season. I can't actually seeing it happen but would sure be interesting.

Kyrie may not be in Boston next season... and doubt he would want to play with LeBron this time around, either.

Actually, Kyrie called LeBron a couple months ago to apologize for his behavior surrounding their "break up". So it might be possible.

If I were Boston, I would let Kyrie walk because he seems like a divisive, egomaniac who's not a good role model for the young players. But I'm getting the sense that they are going to keep him.

Actually, Kyrie called LeBron a couple months ago to apologize for his behavior surrounding their "break up". So it might be possible.

If I were Boston, I would let Kyrie walk because he seems like a divisive, egomaniac who's not a good role model for the young players. But I'm getting the sense that they are going to keep him.

Problem with letting him go is that you can't replace him and then can't really make the AD trade because he won't want to re-sign without Kyrie around. Tough situation.

Problem with letting him go is that you can't replace him and then can't really make the AD trade because he won't want to re-sign without Kyrie around. Tough situation.

Can't replace him? Boston has Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier. They both are decent 3 point shooters and they both averaged nearly double figures in scoring, having to share time with Kyrie, who is a selfish prima donna. Maybe Gordon Hayward can get back to who he used to be by not having Irving around to hog all the shots.

Can't replace him? Boston has Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier. They both are decent 3 point shooters and they both averaged nearly double figures in scoring, having to share time with Kyrie, who is a selfish prima donna. Maybe Gordon Hayward can get back to who he used to be by not having Irving around to hog all the shots.

Yes, can't replace him. Those guys can fill in ok but are average NBA starters at best in Rozier's case, below average. If they lose Kyrie for nothing, their chances of remaining an elite team are slim. Would take Hayward getting back to at least 90% of what he was at Tatum making the step forward that everyone expected this year that didn't happen. That or more likely they just make a deal for Conley to replace him because they aren't going to be too content with a Smart/Rozier tandem either.

Yes, can't replace him. Those guys can fill in ok but are average NBA starters at best in Rozier's case, below average. If they lose Kyrie for nothing, their chances of remaining an elite team are slim. Would take Hayward getting back to at least 90% of what he was at Tatum making the step forward that everyone expected this year that didn't happen. That or more likely they just make a deal for Conley to replace him because they aren't going to be too content with a Smart/Rozier tandem either.

You don't have to be elite at every position to win a championship. You just need guys who know and play their roles. Boston is just fine having point guards who are average, if they have really outstanding talent elsewhere in the roster.

You don't have to be elite at every position to win a championship. You just need guys who know and play their roles. Boston is just fine having point guards who are average, if they have really outstanding talent elsewhere in the roster.

They don't. You need at least 1 if not 2 All-NBA level guys to matter. They would have 0.

They don't. You need at least 1 if not 2 All-NBA level guys to matter. They would have 0.

There's this thing in the summer called free agency. You may not have heard, but Boston have about a million assets to make a deal, and better young talent than either the Lakers, or arguably Philly once you get past Embiid. Boston could let Irving walk and add Anthony Davis. Then tell me how bad that team looks. Add one more 3 point shooter, and the PGs only have to be average - and by average, those 2 guys would give you 25 PPG and about 7 assists sharing the position. That's certainly good enough.

There's this thing in the summer called free agency. You may not have heard, but Boston have about a million assets to make a deal, and better young talent than either the Lakers, or arguably Philly once you get past Embiid. Boston could let Irving walk and add Anthony Davis. Then tell me how bad that team looks. Add one more 3 point shooter, and the PGs only have to be average - and by average, those 2 guys would give you 25 PPG and about 7 assists sharing the position. That's certainly good enough.

Well thats all good in make believeland. Celts aren't dealing for AD if Kyrie leaves. Davis already expressed that he wouldn't re-sign with them as is and his best friend on the team being gone would only add to that. Anyone dealing Tatum and more to rent AD for 1 season would be an idiot and Ainge isn't that. And now to your FA thoughts. The Celts are capped out. They aren't getting any FAs that move the needle. So keep trying to tell us how they would be better off if Kyrie leaves because that makes as much sense as the people that were saying the Warriors were better off without KD.

Start with Jeanie Buss. She's easy on the eyes and easy to pushover if you have known her for a long time. There's this odd dynamic with Linda and Kurt Rambis in the background acting like Senator Palpatine, pulling strings. Throw in Rob Pelinka whose fame before his current role was Kobe's agent, and a man despised around the league for playing fast and loose with the truth reality of situations. Add in a pompous prima Donna named Magic, who is so used to being groveled over and getting g his way, that once he was called out for being lazy and a horrible manager, decided to go scorched Earth on the already mentioned gaggle of self absorbed buffoons. Now we get to top off the show with a diminished side show named Lamar Ball interjecting from time to time, stirring it up over his marginally talented son Lonzo, whom Magic drafted a good dozen spots ahead of his true value, add in some injuries and voila!

Oh, did I forget to mention King James, his ego, and his posse? Plus the fact he is 34 and missed a quarter of the season with an injury. Nevermind the fact his crew is out sowing discontent behind closed doors and that the team basically publicly offered every player as trade bait to get in LeBron's guys to replace them.

Yeah, I am sure it was a fun and magical time the last few years.

And the thing of it is, while this would be crippling to a franchise in any other sport (or at least anyone not owned by a Dolan), the Lakers could turn this around this off-season. They could jettison LeBron to Philly or Boston for picks and young talent, then sign a couple solid free agent candidates. They don't need Max out guys this year. Run with the youth and talent you have, get to the playoffs for the first time in the Jeannie Buss era, and go for a Max contract next year.

The Celts are capped out. They aren't getting any FAs that move the needle. So keep trying to tell us how they would be better off if Kyrie leaves because that makes as much sense as the people that were saying the Warriors were better off without KD.

Obviously if Irving leaves, they have plenty of room under the cap.

Obviously if Irving leaves, they have plenty of room under the cap.

And that is where your theory dies. The only way they have room under the cap is if Kyrie and Horford both turn down their player options and leave and the team renounces RFAs Rozier & Marcus Morris. So basically they have to gut the team to do so.