So how badly do you want a win tomorrow night? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So how badly do you want a win tomorrow night?

Obviously I want to win, but we need to play a bunch of the bench. I don't want to knock out the guys. We don't have a week. We could be playing on Thursday. Tonight was the big win for me. Of course I would love to close out the Big East, but only if it is an easy task.

Winners want to win every game. Winning the Big East tournament would be a terrific, satisfying accomplishment. I feel sad for those who view the NCAA tournament as the only meaningful time of the year. While it is obviously the most important, I will always remember this BET run and our victory at Louisville with fond memories regardless of our tourney fate. Only one team will be left standing at the end and that team and its fans will enjoy the immense satisfaction that comes with a championship. But that does not mean we cannot enjoy our ride however long it lasts. Every Syracuse game to me provides a wonderful escape during the cold, cloudy winter months. Let's hope we have 7 more escapes before the season ends with a glorious Syracuse spring! Let's Go Orange!

You are right, Matt. And you better show up tomorrow. I can't sleep I'm so pumped!!!
Half Moon has UFC but the owner made sure I knew we would be taken care of. We will probably be in the big room in the back. Come, and bring a crowd!!! At least we can celebrate the Georgetown win in style!!

The priority to me is get out of NY injury free at this point. We've done all we could do. We Got back the mojo, and beat gtown.

I really don't want to see MCW playing 40 minutes tomorrow night, and I wouldn't mind seeing Coleman out there either.

Let's be honest here, what's the least MCW could realistically play in the title game? 33? 30? I think 40 is pretty damn unlikely, so let's say he plays 38. How much of a difference do 5 or 8 minutes make in almost a week?

Injury risks aside, and I don't think playing 5 more minutes makes an injury that much more likely, I think it's overblown a bit to worry about impact on the NCAAs when you've already made the title game.

It would also be downright amazing to win on the way out of the Big East with the toughest possible road through the bracket once it was drawn. Too bad UConn wasn't in it to beat them on the way out too, but we'll have gotten the highest possible seed in every game and I'd say the best rivalries possible all the way through.

Four wins in four days, three wins over ranked teams in three days, two wins over top five teams in two days. Beat a solid rival in Pitt. Legendary win over Georgetown and the hated Hoyas.

Cap it off, whatever it takes.

I painfully wanted tonight. I want tomorrow. But to sit in Verizon last week and watch that shitshow go down, and to live a few miles from Georgetown, desperately wanted this

Yep. I want to win badly tonight. But if we don't, I won't be nearly as upset as I would have been if we had lost last night.

These type of threads are normally started by people who think going out early or playing guys less is a better recipe for success for the NCAA tournament. That is certainly not necessarily the case. Multiple Big East teams have gone on to make the final 4 or win it all after winning the BET. Winning begets winning. Let's Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom