So how confident are you now...after destroying Rutgers.. | Syracusefan.com

So how confident are you now...after destroying Rutgers..

How confident are you with this team?

• Total voters
lots of potential with some consistency issues. Everything is dependent on the younger guys developing (this includes the freshman and sophomores)

I'm very confident...

That Rutgers has no business playing basketball at any level above (or including) CYO.

I am always confident. One game at a time.

Rutgers is a bottom dweller, but when BT shows up like that (or James when it is his turn) we deserve our top 10 ranking. This team has a chance to get even better as Grant, Rak, and Coleman figure things out.

But here is the issue -- how confident are you that BT and/or James will burn bright against the first division of the Big East? On occasion, or consistently?

We are as good as our Sophomore class wants to be. JMO.

It was a good win relative to the fact we have now looked more like the team from earlier this year for two games in a row vs the team that played the 2nd half of Detroit, Temple and Alcorn St. If we can win the next three - we will find out just what this group is made of down in KFC Yum where I expect they want revenge after we squeaked one out last year. If we win there I might jump back on the top 5 bandwagon.

Here is the part that has concerned me all year, and it aired itself again last night, but at least after we were up 20+. We tend to hoist 3's when noone can guard us off the dribble. Then we miss like 4 in a row and we go cold all over.
The great part is it almost seems like CJ, BT, MCW of course, hell even Southerland and Grant ALL can beat their man off the dribble 99 out of 100 times. Making the layup unfortunately hasbe a 40% proposition. We have the potential to beat a team down I feel every game like Edelin and 'Melo did in 2003 vs. Chris Thomas and ND. The Dome chanting "You can't guard him" was fantastic. Love to hear it this year.

we will find out just what this group is made of down in KFC Yum where I expect they want revenge after we squeaked one out last year. If we win there I might jump back on the top 5 bandwagon.
yeah, because unless you beat L'vlle at home you just aren't a top-5 team.

If MCW hits clutch free throws this team can and likely will beat anyone. This team rebounds hard and I think MCW-Triche back court is good enough this year and as good as any. Southerland and CJ great wing scoring. Rak+Baye awesome post D. Cooney and Coleman I think in small tournament minutes they will chip in some buckets. SO I like our 8 vs everyone else a lot. Last years team couldn't even grab a freakin rebound and we all know they should have played Kentucky for all the marbles if not for those creep refs!

Head to head once we get to the second weekend of the tourney I don't think any of the following are a bad matchup: Duke, Kansas, Zona, Michigan, Missou, UCLA, Florida (and those are top teams I give a chance to beat Cuse I think we can handle other high ranked teams like OSU pretty easily.)

yeah, because unless you beat L'vlle at home you just aren't a top-5 team.

not saying this would be a requirement to make us a top 5 team, just my own train of thought. the pickup the last two games is really promising. Its just really hard to gauge where we are among the top 25 , likely we won't really know until we play at the ville. Given the loss to Temple, a win at Louisville would really be our best shot to get back on the #1 seed wagon. With a loss we still lack any major wins early on. As we know a 1 seed doesn't get you to the FF.. maybe being a 3 or 2 in the east would be better considering that as long as Duke doesn't slip they likely nail down the East #1?

hit our 3's for 6 games in a row and we are cutting down the nets.

our half court offense comes to stand still without the 3's falling.

as is the case with about 95% of the teams.
college hoops is now, by in large, all about the 3-pt shot.

Totally a matter of perception, but as good as we were last year, this happened to last year's team a lot. I actually though that was one thing that was different about this team was the ball seems to get closer to the hoop, more often than last year.

They have been leading the whole game against Pitt. today. Took a 14 point half time lead. Still up by 5 with 5 minutes to go.

Pretty much this - the offense has shown a propensity for going stagnant. That doesn't bode well for us, but it's still early so we'll see how it goes. I would vote "No Clue" if I could...

I'm pretty certain we could beat Rutgers... and by we I mean a collection of syracusefan.com board members. Just have to get a certain former poster back to run the point.

It will be a bumpy ride this time in the Big East. We just aren't sytrong enough up front. At best, it will be more like the 09 and 11 teams than the 10 or 12 teams. A loss in the Sweet 16 is always a good bet for SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom