So how confident are you now...after destroying Rutgers.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So how confident are you now...after destroying Rutgers..

How confident are you with this team?

• Total voters
The alleged bad team we beat in Rutgers just beat Pitt.
#24 Pitt.
In Piscataway. RU plays at a different level at the RAC.
RU shot 51% overall, 43% from beyond the arc. Carter with 23 pts.

It will be a bumpy ride this time in the Big East. We just aren't sytrong enough up front. At best, it will be more like the 09 and 11 teams than the 10 or 12 teams. A loss in the Sweet 16 is always a good bet for SU.

I agree that we are closer to the 09 or 11 teams compared to the 10 or 12 teams, but I'm not sure it will reflect in our record because I think the Big East was much better in 09 and 11 than it is this year. There are a lot of average teams in the league this year. Looking at the schedule we have the 2 games with Louisville, at Pitt and at Marquette that concern me. Georgetown can't score enough, Nova is not good, and ND is in the dome and the team will be up for that game. I would be shocked if we lose more than 3 conference games.

That tells me more about Pitt than it does about us.
Well Pitt came pretty close to beating Michigan on a neutral floor, so I guess I can say " what's that say about Michigan?"

St Johns just beat Cincinnati in Cincinnati the league has two good teams, one above average team, and a ton of average teams.

Its early, but after watching the entire conference so far I am pretty confident in our team. I think mcw and bt have the chance to be a dynamic backcourt for the rest of the year. I wouldn't take any other guard combination in the big east. If we can get rebounding and defense by the bigs this team can go far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom