So how many of the 900 did you attend? | Syracusefan.com

So how many of the 900 did you attend?

cpatrocks

Starter

I've been Tracking the games I've attended on ESPN Passport. They only go back until 2003 or so, I'm sure I'm missing some games, especially pre-2003, but this is the most accurate number I can come up with using ESPN's tool.

BTW - they are 62-9 in games I've attended. Not too shabby a record.

I asked CTO that question in reply to one of her postings several days ago. I figured with her standing in the
SU community, she has the best chance of having the highest attendance rating.

Wow, that's a great question, but a hard one unless someone has kept track year by year.

I know I have been to most all of the home games with the exception if the couple misses each year due to an unavoidable conflict. I've only done a handful of road games though. However I have been to a lot of NCAA games including all the final 4's. Even the NIT games. BET I haven't gone to many recently but did have a 20 year stretch where I didn't miss any.

Impossible for me to even guess unless I looked at a year by year schedule. Then I could do an estimate maybe.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Holy cow that is tough. Been a season ticket holder since 1995. Take away the games I missed for the 2 years I was away at college which was 1991-1993 (plus a couple here or there like Bees said that I have to miss for various reasons). I went to every home game from 1984-1990 and before that I probably averaged at least 10 home games a year from 1980-1984. Probably went to at least 20 games at Manley which were all wins except for the last game. Throw in at least 5-6 BET, a few road games over the years and at least 20 NCAA games, probably 10 NIT games. I would have to say that number could be 500-600.

Wow. Went to a few games here & there at Manley from 76-79. The last year at Manley was the first year I was old enough to go to every game with my Dad. So from 79-87, I don't think I missed more than 2 or 3 home games. Throw in the odd Kodak Classic in Rochester, 1 BET in NYC '88, and '84 NCAA early rounds in NJ. Went away to college from 87-91 but still got home for 75% of home games. Saw every home game again from '91-'94. Moved to Chicago in '95 but still get back to an average of 1 or 2 home games a year. Hit every road game in the midwest from '95 to present which has to be about 25-30. So, factor in JB's 75% winning percentage and how many wins does that make? Someone else can do the math:D

only been going to games the last 10 years or so, mostly in nyc area. just did a quick run through, looks like my record is 19-6, so 19 big ones! started off 5-5, was on a nice 14 game winning streak until ohio st last year :eek:

Two. My family moved away from CNY when I was younger, and I've rarely had the chance to get back to Syracuse in-season. So, count your blessings! :) That being said, it's nice to have these things (internet forums, etc) to maintain some contact with the faithful. Carry on.

No clue at all, though I'm sure I could probably estimate if I went back and looked year by year from 99-00 through 02-03 when I was a student. I only missed one home game during that entire time (Wisconsin in November 1999), and we went to Georgetown for the game the Carmelo year. I also went to my first game in the Dome in January of 1995 against Seton Hall, and I was at the regional in Albany in 2003. I've also been back for the Notre Dame game when we set the attendance record with GMac, and went up for the Marquette game a few years ago when KOng was there. Oh, and two years ago I went up to the Drexel game in December and enjoyed the game courtside thanks to a certain extremely generous poster.

I'm probably missing some (and I obviously didn't leave in any other games I've attended before or since I was a student which were losses), but however many home wins are there (subtracting probably 99% of the games that took place over the holiday break), that's how many I was there for.

I am looking forward to get back to adding to my total (whatever it is) next year when we join the ACC. Although it will be one game a year (at FSU), it is better than nothing!!

I've been Tracking the games I've attended on ESPN Passport. They only go back until 2003 or so, I'm sure I'm missing some games, especially pre-2003, but this is the most accurate number I can come up with using ESPN's tool.

BTW - they are 62-9 in games I've attended. Not too shabby a record.

thats really cool that you have that info.

i may start doing some research.

no clue. but if i had to guess, id say ive been to 175-200, possibly more.

caught some games in HS at the Dome and bc, just about all Ws. never missed a home game as a student, even hit a couple of the non-student ticket games and some roadies. then had a pretty good run for about 15 years where i had $$ to burn and time on my side to add in nova, gtown, storz & provy to the staple roadies of stjohns, hall, rut & bc. throw in just about every game at the Garden and whoa, that a shlitload of $$ spent on tickets, transportation & beer.

the flip side to that, is i usually only witnessed about 1 or 2 losses a year. i cant imagine i ever saw more than the 5 i saw during the debacle that was the 02 season, with the NIT contributing the last 2 Ls (and then kicking off 03 with another loss! wow, did things change right after that!!). my winning percentage has got to be hitting 90%

Starting in 1981-82 ... too many to count. :D

Season ticket holder since I was a student, BET regular from 1987-1995, NCAA's, NITs, even a few at Manley.

The good news: I have every ticket stub of every sporting event I have ever attended. I may have lost one or two along the way due to drunken stupidity, but it's close to 99%.

The bad news: I dont have the time to separate the SU men's basketball ticket stubs from the other pro and college football games, major and minor league lacrosse, various other college basketball games I have attended. Let alone the time to separate them into wins and losses. It will be a cool project for retirement...in 30 years.

thats really cool that you have that info.

i may start doing some research.

I love tracking stuff like this. I am a HUGE Phish fan and some fans have made some pretty cool sites that allow you to track the shows you've attended. Once you enter select the concerts you've attended, these sites spit out all these cool stats - like which songs they played, how many times you've seen each song and on and on.

I've been using ESPN Passport to track the games I've gone to - but the site is very hard to use and they stats you get back from them are EXTREMELY limited.

I would love to start an SU Fan website that allows you to select each game you've attended and it would spit out cool stats like: W-L Record, Total Points that Lawrence Moten scored in games you attended, their record against specific teams like G-Town, etc......but I have no idea how to do that sort of thing.

All home games from 1975-1979 including the magic Johnson game. Two big east tournament games per year (I used to trek down to the garden from the Danbury / Newtown :) area every year for a couple of games. Then I usually got to a seton hall or St. John's Villy or Georgetown away game each year. Then throw in one or two home games a year after college.

I have no earthly idea...

I asked CTO that question in reply to one of her postings several days ago. I figured with her standing in the
SU community, she has the best chance of having the highest attendance rating.
Not as many as you think, SBU. I live 300 miles from Syracuse and get to only about five home games a year. But I attend all the games in the NYC area and most of those in Boston, Providence, CT, Philly and DC. I've been to every BET game since 1985 and most of the NCAA games. I did, however, attend all of JB's home games when he was a player on the 1962-3 freshmen team, so maybe that counts for something. I suspect folks like Bees, Marsh and Tomcat who live in the Syracuse area have attended a lot more games than I have.

Not as many as you think, SBU. I live 300 miles from Syracuse and get to only about five home games a year. But I attend all the games in the NYC area and most of those in Boston, Providence, CT, Philly and DC. I've been to every BET game since 1985 and most of the NCAA games. I did, however, attend all of JB's home games when he was a player on the 1962-3 freshmen team, so maybe that counts for something. I suspect folks like Bees, Marsh and Tomcat who live in the Syracuse area have attended a lot more games than I have.
Yes, it is a huge advantage to live locally.

I started going circa 1973. Have had season tickets since 1978. Have attended many NCAA and BET games, and I usually go to a couple of regular season away games as well.

Would guess I miss on average 1 home game a season, usually for work related reasons. I think conservatively I have been to roughly 15 home games a year for 35 seasons, which adds up to 525 (they played less home games in the 1970s and 1980s).

Add in the games I went to before I had season tickets, the away and post season games and I am surely above 550. Probably close to 600. Somewhere in that range.

I think there are quite a few on this board who can easily beat that number.

All home games from 1975-1979 including the magic Johnson game. Two big east tournament games per year (I used to trek down to the garden from the Danbury / Newtown :) area every year for a couple of games. Then I usually got to a seton hall or St. John's Villy or Georgetown away game each year. Then throw in one or two home games a year after college.

I have no earthly idea...

How on earth can you add a "smiley face" next to Newtown. SMH, as the kids say.

I've been a season ticket holder since 1989 and rarely miss a game. I go to a least 3-4 away games a year, and always go to the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Before 89', my father was a season ticket holder, so I attended many of the games in Manely during the mid to late 70's and in the Dome during the 80's. Met my wife for the first time at an SU game.
Not sure what the total is, but I've been to a fair number of his wins and losses. It would be interesting to try to figure that out. Might be able to estimate to within 30 games.

I'd say well over 200 from the mid eighties to 2000 when I left Syracuse for Rochester, and at least 100 since then. Many BET's and a handful of road and NCAA games.

I live two doors down from Roosevelt Bouie and Louie Orr their freshman year and played intramural softball with Marty Byrnes. I was there at the beginning of the Boeheim era in Manley with the rubber floor, as opposed to the dirt. Saw Georgetown close Manley, one of the bitterest defeats of that era. I've seen more games in Manley than the Dome. Was part of the Manley Zoo and later the Kennel Club at the other end of the court.