So, how realistic is Penn State to the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

So, how realistic is Penn State to the ACC?

Hopefully very. If they could somehoow pull ND and PSU it would kick B10 in the balls and force them to dilute product with uconn and?

NOT - to me the whole point of the PITT/SU invite to the ACC is to force NDs hand. If they are out then it's simply UConn & the girls to put a fence around the whole Atlantic Coast locking everyone else out - similiar to PAC 12.

But I have to think Notre Dame would prefer to come with Penn State than either UConn or Rutgers.

But I have always gotten the impression that PSU isn't too fond of ND.

Anyway, I believe that all of the Big Ten schools have given up their media rights to the Big Ten for the next 20 years and each have an equity stake in the BTN. No one in the BiG is going anywhere. They don't even need a exit fee.

Cheers,
Neil

North Division
Syracuse
Pitt
BC
MD
VA
VT
WVU
PSU

South Division
FSU
miami
NC
NCST
Wake
Duke
GT
Clemson

^^This awesome

^^^^Not awesome

SU has way more history against PSU than ND

Also Pitt v PSU would be godly

^^^^Not awesome

SU has way more history against PSU than ND

Also Pitt v PSU would be godly
That would truly close off the northeast corridor. I hope I eat crow, but too bad.

I would laugh at the B1G also when they have to replace PSU with Rutgers

If I understand it right - B1G membership earns you 50+ million in revenue - can we just get over Penn State...they ain't coming to the ACC - makes no financial sense to me at all

Still poses an alternative for the NYC market. ACC needs to move quickly for whomever they're going to take.

Any conference that thinks Rutgers will deliver NYC is :crazy:

The only way PSU joins the ACC is if they finally wake up and see that the areas around the Big 10 schools aren't growing. Michigan lost people in the last census count...what word don't they understand? The growth, the potential, the expansion is all happening from the mid-atlantic to the southeast. Alums don't retire in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, etc... 50 years from now, the ACC schools will all be bigger than the Big 10 schools..its a fact. Georgia and North Carolina will pass Michigan in population very soon with Virginia not too far behind. Florida will pass NY. South Carolina will have more people than Minnesota soon. You have to protect your school and look for where the growth is.

I'll miss the Big East no doubt, but when you look into the future this is the best move for Syracuse. The growth is down south, people retire down south, etc, etc. This is called a vision for the future and Syracuse just got out in front of it big time. The writing is on the wall...sure the Big 10 is a power, absolutely...but look out 50-100 years from now. You want stability and growth?? Syracuse hit the jackpot!

Any conference that thinks Rutgers will deliver NYC is :crazy:
According to Tranghese, the Big 10 studied it last year and determined that Rutgers could not deliver NYC.

I thought I read on the Penn St. board they don't have a buy-out, but they do sign over their media rights for a 10 or 20 year period at a time.

I'm holding out hope that PSU joins the ACC. I really don't know whats all involved with the B1G Ten network and the legal ramafications for leaving. It will come down to $$, but the there is a very good, immediate financial benefit to be had for PSU joining the ACC. Being much closer to 4 conference opponents than their closest B1G opponent, 5 if Rutgers joins the ACC. That has to count for something when you have a dozen or so varsity sports, those expenses can add up quick. Its also much closer for most of their alumni to travel. I'm sure the ACC has pitched this idea and I believe with PSU on board with the ACC, they could could get a deal that is as close to what the B1G is making.

Searching around the interwebz on many of the Penn State sites, there are alot of fans who really like the idea of moving to the ACC. Probably a little more who would rather stay in the B1G, buts its pretty close to split.