So I didn’t see any of the game | Syracusefan.com

So I didn’t see any of the game

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
But saw the score and immediately went to the play by play without checking box scores or recaps

so based on my reading ... was that as insane as it reads ? 20 pts in OT vs 1 field goal in 12 minutes in the second half ?

But saw the score and immediately went to the play by play without checking box scores or recaps

so based on my reading ... was that as insane as it reads ? 20 pts in OT vs 1 field goal in 12 minutes in the second half ?
Ohhhh yeah

They overcame their moderate and rather expected 2nd half meltdown with a semi-epic meltup, and the board semi-mirrored the experience, in my opinion. It's kind of interesting seeing something different, for a change.

Game Recap:

Our frontline almost fouled out about 4 minutes into the game.

Somehow only Sidibe ended up fouling out, and he went pretty deep into the game all things considered.
  • He also was unsure as to whether any of the fouls called on him were legit as he re-enacted each one after the call, and each time (at least during the reenactment) his arms were clearly straight up.
Marek fell down a lot early in the game.

Virginia is bad at scoring from far away. And from close up. And from in between. They're very bad offensively.

We really struggled to score for a long time.

Alas, a well rested unit came out for OT and blew their lids off! Buddy hit a miraculous three late in the shot block, and we left with a win!

Pretty good effort and a great win!

LGO!

Game Recap:
  • He also was unsure as to whether any of the fouls called on him were legit as he re-enacted each one after the call, and each time (at least during the reenactment) his arms were clearly straight up.
Marek fell down a lot early in the game.

Pretty good effort and a great win!

LGO!

A decent amount later in the game too. He might be considering trying out for a football squad the way he is working on his ground game.

i 'll have to catch a replay tomorrow . haven't even checked the boxscore but it's a great road win.

If by “interesting” you mean FRIGGIN AWESOME!!

lol, your post reminded me of real life(not political either, necessarily) and how we are being systematically conditioned like domesticated animals to get excited by less and less liberty(here it is beating a team that is ranked at all, regardless of how good they are...or even a close loss). I know thinking about real life is frowned upon on here these days because it is allegedly "not profitable", so I will stop before I start. :/

But yes, nothing wrong with imitating Balki from Perfect Strangers and doing the dance of joy at a lower bar:

lol, your post reminded me of real life(not political either, necessarily) and how we are being systematically conditioned like domesticated animals to get excited by less and less liberty(here it is beating a team that is ranked at all, regardless of how good they are...or even a close loss). I know thinking about real life is frowned upon on here these days because it is allegedly "not profitable", so I will stop before I start. :/

But yes, nothing wrong with imitating Balki from Perfect Strangers and doing the dance of joy at a lower bar:

I love your “melt-up!” Very funny! I am still on the upwards trajectory.

But to your point, yes, I have conditioned myself to expect less, not more. I was not even excited at OT because I looked at it as a delay of our loss. Man! I suck.

Last edited:
I love your “melt-up!” Very funny! I am still on the upwards trajectory.

But to your point, yet, I have conditioned myself to expect less, not more. I was not even excited at OT because I looked at it as a delay of our loss. Man! I suck.

I appreciate your honesty! I believe My Main Mentor Mantonio(tm/rip) would have been disappointed in some of my reactions after the game(tempering my own expectations as a defense mechanism, maybe?), so seeing someone named Beadle having a Doubting Thomas moment makes me feel more comfortable with my own state of the fanhood. Both you and Townie have lifted my spirits in your own unique ways, maybe even more than the win itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom