So if McNabb, Harrison and Freeney were all to get into | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So if McNabb, Harrison and Freeney were all to get into

im sorry, but are people really entertaining the idea of mcnabb and the HOF???

no shot in hell.

he just reached the pinacle of his accolades, the iggs retired his jersey.

thats pretty damn impressive.

be happy with that.

harrison is an absolute lock.......unless hes in jail.

freeney about 75%. unless he manages to have a 'walk off into the sunset' moment some february, it will likely take him about 15 years to get in.

i guess once again the playstation-nation here will just ignore Tom Coughlin and his HOF resume.

'but whats his stats?? could he tackle bo jackson?? block LT'...

:bang::bang::bang:
Oh Lord

just compare Donovan's to Jim Kelly's stats. Donovan's IS BETTER and I had also heard , but didn't check, has a better play-off record according to sports talk radio show. They read each players stats before naming either one

Kelley's was... 9-7 Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1988 (1-1), 1989 (0-1), 1990 (2-1), 1991 (2-1), 1992 (1-1), 1993 (2-1), 1995 (1-1), 1996 (0-1). A: - See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-jim-kelly's-playoff-record#sthash.6Wgmf4HT.dpuf

Donovan McNabbs playoff record is 2000 (1-1), 2001 (2-1), 2002 (1-1), 2003 (1-1), 2004 (2-1), 2008 (2-1). Total he is 9-6 in the playoffs. A: - See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-donovan-mcnabbs-record-in-the-playoffs#sthash.r5VWt7Lp.dpuf
You cannot (I repeat can not) overlook Kelly's 4 SB's in a row. I don't care if he didn't win any of them (and he was an unlucky kick away from winning 1) - he got there 4 times in a row. I think that carried a lot of weight with the HOF voters.
I understand McNabb's numbers. He had a very, very good career. Tons of conference championship games (but only won 1), and 1 SB appearance. He is what Francessa would call a compiler (I admit, a term better suited for baseball, but I think it still applies). Really good stats, good winning percentage, etc. I just don't think it's enough. Just my opinion.

just compare Donovan's to Jim Kelly's stats. Donovan's IS BETTER and I had also heard , but didn't check, has a better play-off record according to sports talk radio show. They read each players stats before naming either one

Kelley's was... 9-7 Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1988 (1-1), 1989 (0-1), 1990 (2-1), 1991 (2-1), 1992 (1-1), 1993 (2-1), 1995 (1-1), 1996 (0-1). A: - See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-jim-kelly's-playoff-record#sthash.6Wgmf4HT.dpuf

Donovan McNabbs playoff record is 2000 (1-1), 2001 (2-1), 2002 (1-1), 2003 (1-1), 2004 (2-1), 2008 (2-1). Total he is 9-6 in the playoffs. A: - See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-donovan-mcnabbs-record-in-the-playoffs#sthash.r5VWt7Lp.dpuf

4 of Kelly's losses were in Super Bowls, he handed the ball off to Thurman Thomas, and it was a bit of a different era.

Donovan ain't making it. And enough of the stuff about having crappy wide receivers, up the turnpike Eli is throwing to guys they pick off the street.

And enough of the stuff about having crappy wide receivers, up the turnpike Eli is throwing to guys they pick off the street.

I don't know that this point really applies. They've only made the playoffs 1 of the last 4 years, right?. And in that 1 year, their 1st round pick at WR led them in receiving in 3 of the 4 playoff games.

But Cruz was certainly a find. Seems like the type of player that could be good with a different QB. I wouldn't say the same about, say, Todd Pinkston or Freddie Mitchell. That's all opinion of course.

I think the Giants have proven as better at identifying talent at WR than the Eagles were during most of those years.

im sorry, but are people really entertaining the idea of mcnabb and the HOF???

no shot in hell.

he just reached the pinacle of his accolades, the iggs retired his jersey.

thats pretty damn impressive.

be happy with that.

harrison is an absolute lock.......unless hes in jail.

freeney about 75%. unless he manages to have a 'walk off into the sunset' moment some february, it will likely take him about 15 years to get in.

i guess once again the playstation-nation here will just ignore Tom Coughlin and his HOF resume.

'but whats his stats?? could he tackle bo jackson?? block LT'...

:bang::bang::bang:
Oh Lord

You are right about Coughlin, good catch. I guess you missed the "if". I think McNabb has a chance based on his numbers.

I don't know that this point really applies. They've only made the playoffs 1 of the last 4 years, right?. And in that 1 year, their 1st round pick at WR led them in receiving in 3 of the 4 playoff games.

But Cruz was certainly a find. Seems like the type of player that could be good with a different QB. I wouldn't say the same about, say, Todd Pinkston or Freddie Mitchell. That's all opinion of course.

I think the Giants have proven as better at identifying talent at WR than the Eagles were during most of those years.

David Tyree after doing next to nothing was the 4th quarter in their 3rd SB win.

My point is that if a guy is wearing and NFL jersey for a few years he should be good enough with a HOF QB.

David Tyree after doing next to nothing was the 4th quarter in their 3rd SB win.

My point is that if a guy is wearing and NFL jersey for a few years he should be good enough with a HOF QB.
yep, and chip if you were a TE...Eli would hit you 35x for 500yds and 4TDs by accident.

So I think we're back to saying McNabb doesn't get in because he didn't win a Super Bowl. So it should just be that, it's simpler. 75% of Tyree's receiving yards came on a play that I'd feel comfortable saying most NFL WR's wouldn't make.

Oh, and I don't mean to be questioning Eli's HOF worthiness, so please don't misconstrue. He has 2 Super Bowl wins AND MVP's. He and Brady should both get in before they retire.

I just don't really think it disproves the McNabb era WRs in Philly weren't a problem. It's not like they weren't an overly successful team, just had a hump he couldn't clear. So if that keeps him out, so be it.

So I think we're back to saying McNabb doesn't get in because he didn't win a Super Bowl. So it should just be that, it's simpler. 75% of Tyree's receiving yards came on a play that I'd feel comfortable saying most NFL WR's wouldn't make.

He was very very good, but there were and are a lot of very goof QBs out there...the HOF is one of those thing where you have to be great and even in the NFL it's really tight.

Oh, and I don't mean to be questioning Eli's HOF worthiness, so please don't misconstrue. He has 2 Super Bowl wins AND MVP's. He and Brady should both get in before they retire.

I just don't really think it disproves the McNabb era WRs in Philly weren't a problem. It's not like they weren't an overly successful team, just had a hump he couldn't clear. So if that keeps him out, so be it.
all im saying is that mcnabb didnt seem to be a guy who made people better, Eli has already created boss, ballard & cruz and to a lesser degree...hixon (cut by broncos).

as the NFL moves at warp speed from '3 yards and a cloud of dust' to 5k yard passers, mcnabbs stats will be begin to look pedestrian without the ring.

and yes, there is a HUGE difference between losing SuperBowls and losing Championship games. danny white managed to lose 3 Champ sundays and nobody is clamoring for him to go to Canton.

McNabb pre-leg injury did make people better. After he lost his wheels with the frequent hernias, etc, he lost his game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom