So is Ewing that bad? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So is Ewing that bad?

I’m going to be so mf’n upset when Rick Pitino is the coach at Georgetown next season

It's funny, but I brought up the Rick Pitino as replacement suggestion to 4 guys I went to the game with. While there were cracks, of course, about the Italian restaurant incident ("was the restaurant still open when he did that?" "yeah, the other people eating dinner were not amused..."), there was a surprisingly welcoming reaction - he would bring us back to prominence in the short term, others agreed that the press would probably eat it up, with Pitino coming full circle on his coaching career, etc.

If this is Boeheim's last year, and it certainly looks like it to me, then I can say without hesitation that I prefer Rick over Red, Allen Griffin or Gerry.

It's funny, but I brought up the Rick Pitino as replacement suggestion to 4 guys I went to the game with. While there were cracks, of course, about the Italian restaurant incident ("was the restaurant still open when he did that?" "yeah, the other people eating dinner were not amused..."), there was a surprisingly welcoming reaction - he would bring us back to prominence in the short term, others agreed that the press would probably eat it up, with Pitino coming full circle on his coaching career, etc.

If this is Boeheim's last year, and it certainly looks like it to me, then I can say without hesitation that I prefer Rick over Red, Allen Griffin or Gerry.
You won't find a bigger Pitino to 'Cuse advocate than me. It won't happen but we would be really good, really fast.

I’m going to be so mf’n upset when Rick Pitino is the coach at Georgetown next season
Unless they can move wingedfoot to Dc I doubt it but Rick is a massive egomaniac and maybe congressional will work for a few years.

Pitino at Gtown immediately substantiates them again. It would be the perfect marriage.

When was the last time anyone in the media has even mentioned Rick Pitino’s name? He’s a pariah in the coaching profession and has no business coaching at the college level. He will never step foot on another campus other than the one he’s on now.

When was the last time anyone in the media has even mentioned Rick Pitino’s name? He’s a pariah in the coaching profession and has no business coaching at the college level. He will never step foot on another campus other than the one he’s on now.
plenty of pariahs have been given multiple chances.

My guess is Rick gets one more shot

Is he that bad?
No.
He's WORSE!!!!
Bwhahahahaha.

The Orange season is now a success.

I LOOOOAAAATHE G-TOWN!

plenty of pariahs have been given multiple chances.

My guess is Rick gets one more shot

He already got it. He's still coaching Iona, isn't he? As long as he doesn't wind up on probation again, then I think it's pretty clear he could make another move. He's already back, and there aren't any people bearing torches and pitchforks in the street, so far as I've seen,

By the way, with regard to any hand wringing over hiring Rick Pitino - who is the coach of the #1 team in the country? Did you say "Kelvin Sampson". How could that be possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom