So is there a future flaw in BTN: Digital and Web the Future | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So is there a future flaw in BTN: Digital and Web the Future

They can't be talking about this stuff seriously. Our resident industry expert (Scooch) told me 2 years ago that this stuff was fairy tale nonsense.

I have been almost entirely off the grid with my sports watching for the past year. If you are resourceful and know where to look, you can pretty much get anything you want. Just like the transition from Napster to Itunes, people will pay if there is a good model.

TV (and sports in particular) on the web are in the Napster stage. The itunes stage is coming ..

Excellent analogy. The "itunes stage" isn't going to happen though until the quality of online content can be improved. I'm no technology geek or anything, but I'm not sure whether or not the current infrastructure has the ability to deliver that quality. Although I suppose if the demand is there, some smart people will figure out a way to get it done and make money off it in the process.

The BTN already has a digital network up and running. They are charging $120 a year for it or $15 a month.

The rest of the conferences are playing catch-up.

Cheers,
Neil

The BTN already has a digital network up and running. They are charging $120 a year for it or $15 a month.

The rest of the conferences are playing catch-up.

Cheers,
Neil

They will be caught quickly, because it's not that hard to do. I get internet and cable from Comcast, so it's all the same bandwidth. Just a matter of negotiating who gets paid what.

http://www.theacc.com/accnetwork/

As more content gets diverted from ESPN, I'm sure the price of the ACC network will go up.