So long for a while | Syracusefan.com

So long for a while

stuckinbig11

All American
Hardly a day has gone by for years when I did not check in here multiple times. I retired from USGS in Michigan twelve years ago and took a faculty position at SUNY Brockport in my native NYS. I left Big Eleven land but retained my name. Now, I am retiring again and moving to Asheville, NC near my older son who has office space for me next to his lab at UNC-Asheville. I am sad in many respects but look forward to my new life. My computer will be unhooked later today because the movers are coming tomorrow. I will be back as soon as I can get internet service. I will miss you folks.

Hardly a day has gone by for years when I did not check in here multiple times. I retired from USGS in Michigan twelve years ago and took a faculty position at SUNY Brockport in my native NYS. I left Big Eleven land but retained my name. Now, I am retiring again and moving to Asheville, NC near my older son who has office space for me next to his lab at UNC-Asheville. I am sad in many respects but look forward to my new life. My computer will be unhooked later today because the movers are coming tomorrow. I will be back as soon as I can get internet service. I will miss you folks.
You’re gonna absolutely love Asheville!
As life long NYers, the wife and I visited there after moving to Charlotte, and quickly decided it was our future retirement spot.
It’s gotten kind of pricey lately, but it has a vibe all it’s own. Good luck.

Congrats. Safe travels my friend! I hear Asheville is a great place to live!

Good for you. Asheville is a really fun town. Great beer, great food scene and enough weather to remind you of winter but it doesn't stay quite as warm as Charlotte. It'll be a little bit of a hike (3-3.5 hrs) but a straight shot down I-40 for games in Winston-Salem & Raleigh. Welcome to the South!