so Marvin Harrison up for HOF vote in 2014 | Syracusefan.com

so Marvin Harrison up for HOF vote in 2014

Don

2nd String
do you think he is he next Syracuse player in the Hall of Fame? does he get in on the first ballot? is he hurt by the fact that Tim Brown, Andre Reid, Chris carter and Isaac Bruce are all eligable at the same time. will it count against him that he played with Peyton for so long? I think he makes it in 2015 as Reid and Carter make it before him.

do you think he is he next Syracuse player in the Hall of Fame? does he get in on the first ballot? is he hurt by the fact that Tim Brown, Andre Reid, Chris carter and Isaac Bruce are all eligable at the same time. will it count against him that he played with Peyton for so long? I think he makes it in 2015 as Reid and Carter make it before him.

The class obviously doesn't help making it on the first ballot. I think on stats alone he makes it eventually. With the media though, it could take one post-Sandy Hook editorial that goes viral that can hurt him for a long time.

He deserves it.

And if Ray Lewis is going to get into the Hall with is baggage, then Harrison sure can.

A better question is when he gets inducted will he be so euphoric that he offers to build his alma mater a practice facility with all his Indy Colts earnings?

Can Mr. Harrison write us a big check to help with the facilities? Thanks in advance Mr. Harrison...Can you also talk to your buddy Mr. Freeney?

A better question is when he gets inducted will he be so euphoric that he offers to build his alma mater a practice facility with all his Indy Colts earnings?

Or all the earnings from that Philly Car Wash?

Harrison is one of my all time favorite SU players, and his #s would have to be good enough. What also hurts him is that he's so detached, kinda makes himself forgettable. Quiet guy, decides not to play anymore, and isn't involved in football at all. Goes right back to the mean streets.

He also it seems, has no use for the university where he played.

One of the most intriguing personalities. No matter how good or how bad, he says nothing. I would love to read his story.

He gets in. Absolute no brainer. Like Freeney...

Unlike Lewis, was Marvin ever charged with anything? This reminds me of the steroid situation in baseball.

I think he might be more hurt by the fact that he shoots people in the hand.
this is time's greatest test.

will he get in before his empire crumbles or not??

hes an absolute lock...unless locked up.

Oh Lord

Tim Brown, Andre Reid, Chris carter and Isaac Bruce

i'd say marvin easily had the best career of that group.

this is time's greatest test.

will he get in before his empire crumbles or not??

hes an absolute lock...unless locked up.

Oh Lord

Strange thing about him is that he just doesn't care. If someone told him "hey if you shoot this person, you might not get into the Hall of Fame". I think his response would be "ok thanks (because he's polite), but I'm going to shoot this person".

The class obviously doesn't help making it on the first ballot. I think on stats alone he makes it eventually. With the media though, it could take one post-Sandy Hook editorial that goes viral that can hurt him for a long time.

Without the shooting, he is a CLEAR CUT 1st ballot HOF. there are only about 3 or 4 wr's that can come close to competing with him. 2 are currently playing and 1 is already in the HOF.

Andre Reed, Isaac Bruce, and Cris Carter are so far behind Harrison its almost laughable. They dont take a single vote away from him.

allegedly killing people... that does.

Unlike Lewis, was Marvin ever charged with anything? This reminds me of the steroid situation in baseball.

A. Im pretty sure Ray didnt actually kill anyone. He helped lie about it.
B. Marvin supposedly killed a convicted drug dealer/gang banger - not sure the police are really that interested in the investigation.

He's not a lock. Marv was a total non-producer in the playoffs. He had only 2 TDs his entire post-season career, not what you want from a HOFer because: a) They should shine in the playoffs; b.) He played in a lot of postseason games; and, c) Manning at QB.

The regular season stats speak for themselves. The off-the-field stuff is a problem to the extent he was never an open book to the media, which differentiates him from many other guys with problems outside the lines. Marv also played in a small media market and won't have the media relationships to fall back on at voting time because of his reclusive nature.

I think Marv is 50/50 for the HOF. He's probably the best receiver of that class and, more generally, the best receiver of the post Jerry Rice generation. He real peers were Terrell Owens, who was often considered the best receiver of the 2000s, and Randy Moss. Marv was much better than either guy.

Marv's will be a widely discussed and debated nomination to the Hall.

50/50.

He's not a lock. Marv was a total non-producer in the playoffs. He had only 2 TDs his entire post-season career, not what you want from a HOFer because: a) They should shine in the playoffs; b.) He played in a lot of postseason games; and, c) Manning at QB.

The regular season stats speak for themselves. The off-the-field stuff is a problem to the extent he was never an open book to the media, which differentiates him from many other guys with problems outside the lines. Marv also played in a small media market and won't have the media relationships to fall back on at voting time because of his reclusive nature.

I think Marv is 50/50 for the HOF. He's probably the best receiver of that class and, more generally, the best receiver of the post Jerry Rice generation. He real peers were Terrell Owens, who was often considered the best receiver of the 2000s, and Randy Moss. Marv was much better than either guy.

50/50.

I'll say it again... take away the alleged killing - and he is about as lock for HOF as it gets.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1105333/4/index.htm

It is not a debate.

It is not a debate.

16 postseason games
2 TDS
65 passes
883 yards

And all this with P. Manning as his QB. I think someone considered an "absolute lock" HOFer should have done more in the playoffs. The voters will have to overlook that if they put him in the Hall because it can't be explained away. Don't get me wrong. I liked Marv. He was more consistent than Moss and he didn't destroy team morale unlike TO. I just don't think he's a clear-cut automatic.

16 postseason games
2 TDS
65 passes
883 yards

And all this with P. Manning as his QB. I think someone considered an "absolute lock" HOFer should have done more in the playoffs. The voters will have to overlook that if they put him in the Hall because it can't be explained away. Don't get me wrong. I liked Marv. He was more consistent than Moss and he didn't destroy team morale unlike TO. I just don't think he's a clear-cut automatic.

That would be the same as saying Manning isnt clear cut HOF'er.

This is an educated guess, but I would assume Manning has very similar playoff #'s.

Strange thing about him is that he just doesn't care. If someone told him "hey if you shoot this person, you might not get into the Hall of Fame". I think his response would be "ok thanks (because he's polite), but I'm going to shoot this person".

Actually I think his reponse would be much shorter, "click, BOOM".

50/50.
50/50????!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen...your Crack Pipe Post of the Week.

heres how to pick up your winnings.

push your shopping cart to the SE corner of 3rd & Ave D. theres no key, so just go up the steps and find the back corner room on the 4th floor. your personal ripped up, dirty mattress...that was only thrown away 2x!! will be the 3rd from the door, next to the open window.

enjoy.

Oh Lord

50/50????!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen...your Crack Pipe Post of the Week.

heres how to pick up your winnings.

push your shopping cart to the SE corner of 3rd & Ave D. theres no key, so just go up the steps and find the back corner room on the 4th floor. your personal ripped up, dirty mattress...that was only thrown away 2x!! will be the 3rd from the door, next to the open window.

enjoy.

Oh Lord

If pointing out that Marv's total absence of postseason production, non-existent relations with voters and off-the-field questions might constitute something less than an absolute lock for the Hall is the most outrageous post of the week, then this board is in better shape than its critics think.

If pointing out that Marv's total absence of postseason production, non-existent relations with voters and off-the-field questions might constitute something less than an absolute lock for the Hall is the most outrageous post of the week, then this board is in better shape than its critics think.

PEYTON FRICKING MANNING

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom